Senior Civil Society Technical Lead at FHI 360
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
FHI 360 is a global organization that mobilizes research, resources and relationships so people everywhere can access the opportunities they need to lead full, healthy lives. With collaborations in over 60 countries, we work directly with local leaders to advance social and economic equity, improve health and well-being, respond to humanitarian crises and strengthen community resilience.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Civil Society (SCS) Technical Lead for an upcoming civil society activity.
This position will be based in Tanzania and is contingent upon award.
The SCS Technical Lead will oversee and be responsible for Wajibika’s work promoting an inclusive and effective civic space. They will be expected to establish, build, and maintain effective and longstanding relationships with CSOs and NGOs as well as their coordinating structures and oversight bodies. They will also need to work effectively with other members of the Wajibika team, including work with media and government.
Participate in overall program design processes with the Wajibika program team. Lead on defining the approach and activities of the civil society component of the program, in collaboration with the Deputy Programme Director, Programme Director and other component leads.
- In partnership with the Wajibika team, define annual workplans for work with civil society and any other civil society related programme initiatives.
- Identify local civil society organisations, platforms, networks, and coalitions and maintain relationships with them as well as supporting civil society partners to build and strengthen intra and inter-sectoral coalitions to drive programme objectives.
- Identify opportunities for innovative approaches to program outcomes and objectives.
- Provide technical advice and capacity building support to civil society and other partners, including media and government, as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that civil society activities and results reinforce and support the realisation of the other two Wajibika programme components including collaboration to design and support civil society involvement across the other components.
- Ensure timely implementation of project activities related to work with civil society, including technical oversight of civil society grants.
- Oversee delivery of component 1 Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and research activities in coordination with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) lead. Ensure partner reporting and M&E information is collected and reported.
The Senior Civil Society Technical Lead must meet the following requirements:
- Significant experience advising and overseeing civil society capacity strengthening, shifting ways of working and constructive engagement modalities within governance and/or accountability programming/settings.
- Have a strong working relationship with Tanzanian civil society, be familiar with the NGO and civil society operating environment and have experience in working with donor funded grants to NGOs and CSOs.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to adapt to changing work environments and contexts. Strong ability to convene diverse stakeholders and ideally, experience in forming and/or supporting coalitions to advocate for improvements in media freedom.
- Highly desirable: Experience with political economy analysis (PEA) and experience working on FCDO and/or SDC funded programmes.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
- Master’s degree or it’s international equivalent in Civil Society or related field;
- Minimum 6 years of related experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization).
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th October, 2023.