Senior Case Processing Assistant (N) at Church World Service
- Company: Church World Service
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Senior Case Processing Assistant
Reports to: Case Processing/ Processing Support Supervisor
Division: Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Department: Programs, Case Processing
Job Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
Grade Level: Grade 4, Senior Assistant, National
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
The position is responsible for applying in-depth USRAP knowledge to process refugee case files in the most efficient manner. The position is required to link identified errors to the overall pipeline, submit data, report recommendations and contribute to the overall case management of the USRAP pipeline, including counselling of refugee applicants in various capacities. This position works closely with the Case Processing Supervisor on workload and work-plan management.
- Completes all tasks related to refugee case processing as assigned by the supervisor, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates proficiency in START.
- Ensures and completes accurate records and updates in START and the physical file.
- Conducts tasks related to all stages of case processing.
- Takes a lead role in projects within Case Processing including planning workflow, providing direction, identifying reporting parameters, setting timelines and completing quality control checks on the project.
- Assesses daily unit reports and recommends work plans, pipeline reviews and clean-up projects.
- Takes the lead role in the creation of daily work plans in the absence of the Supervisor or as delegated.
- Runs QC reports on data and identifies action items and reports these findings to the Supervisor.
- Recommends, prepares and facilitates trainings based on the pipeline review in collaboration with the Supervisor
- Assists in the development of Case Processing/ Refugee Communication onboarding, preparing training modules and assisting in their implementation as required.
- Reviews and updates cases in readiness for the next stage in processing.
- Follow-up with the relevant RSC Africa processing teams to effect the needed changes in processing.
- Provides guidance to staff with regards to processing inquiries.
- Ensures strict compliance and adherence to the Integrity and Compliance Guidelines when working with refugee cases and communicating with implementing partners and applicants.
- Conducts regular quality checks on Case Processing Assistants and Case Processing Assistant IIs‘ work to ensure cases are consistently and correctly updated both in START and the physical files.
- Provides processing feedback and recommends training based on quality checks.
- Attends scheduled dry runs and provides feedback as necessary.
- Participates in process reviews.
- Takes the lead role in hiring and payment of interpreters if needed by the unit.
- Occasional travel to different processing locations to distribute decision letters, conduct applicant counselling, scan documents on CIS circuit rides and collaborate with IOM during concurrent medical missions. Additionally, solicit refugee information for the purpose of case processing and updating.
- Completes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
- Four (4) years of paid work experience is required
- Prior paid work experience with CWS Africa is preferred
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail
- Take initiative in the development and completion of projects
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required or four years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree required.
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- accurately type 35 wpm with a 93% accuracy rating;
- follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- pass the job knowledge assessments with score of 80% or higher; pass a job knowledge assessment in order to be confirmed at the end of probation;
- take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
- lead others and address issues as they arise;
- maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment is required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee.
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility.
- Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa
- This position is based in Kasulu, Tanzania
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- Full time
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 1st September , 2022.