Senior Advisor – Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion at EngenderHealth
- Company: EngenderHealth
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Requisition Name Senior Advisor – Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion
Requisition No VN346
Salary Range 96,000,000-99,600,000 Tanzania Shilling
Employment Type Regular Full Time
Country Location Tanzania
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potential. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights.
USAID Afya Yangu Program is a five years award that builds on successes and lessons from the USAID Boresha Afya Yangu Project HIV/TB North and Central experience. Its goal is to strengthen the integration of health services, especially for women and youth, with a focus on HIV/AIDS, TB, and FP services, and linkages between health facilities and the community. This award covers geographical areas with the highest disease burden across the following regions: Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Manyara, Dodoma, and Singida. EngenderHealth is the lead gender and FP/RH partner as a sub–recipient to EGPAF.
The Senior Advisor, GYSI based in Dar es Salaam regional project offices, and reports to the Technical Director/Deputy Country Representative. The Senior Advisor, GYSI will support the development and implementation of an integrated strategy focused on high HIV prevalence areas, where targeted efforts are required to shift the gender-related barriers to the health and well-being of vulnerable girls, boys, women, and men. They will provide technical assistance on gender, including gender norms affecting health-seeking behaviors and interventions promoting gender-positive roles, rights, and responsibilities of the target communities.
• Lead the development and implementation of a gender strategy in collaboration with CHSD staff and EngenderHealth HQ gender experts.
• Manage all aspects of strategy and capacity-building activities on gender norms and norms around sexuality for CHSD staff.
• Develop and implement gender and age-differentiated approaches to address social norms, GBV and contextual drivers, and capacity-building tools.
• Support regional project staff to build the capacity of the regional and district government authorities, and local CBO/NGO partners on gender and engage them in SRH education, and provide access to services.
• Support the scale of gender and youth-friendly services at facility and community levels.
• Support integration of GBV prevention and response services into health facilities and community-based programming.
• Lead the monitoring and evaluation of integrated gender activities.
• Contribute to the preparation of annual project work-plan, budgets, performance reports, and quarterly reports.
• Represent the project in relevant donor meetings, working group meetings, and other fora as assigned by the supervisor.
• Must possess a university degree (BA, BSc) in a related, relevant field (e.g. public health, international development, social sciences, anthropology, or a related field), and a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
• A minimum of seven (7+) years of experience in gender programming in the health sector, including integration of gender into the continuum of SRH services from facilities into communities.
• Must have a strong theoretical understanding and implementation of synchronized gender and male engagement interventions, GBV prevention, and response
• Experience in presenting findings, results, and lessons learned to a variety of audiences is desirable.
• Experience working for international agencies and USAID-funded health programs is preferred.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS
• Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS
• Excellent interpersonal skills (e.g., active listening, cultural competence, responsiveness).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are a must.
• Fluency in Swahili and English language is required.
• Ability to travel approximately 30% of their time to supervise and support field activities.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE