Senior Advisor – Gender and Youth Empowerment at Pact
- Company: Pact
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Programs – Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Programs Team helps realize this objective by bridging program management, technical support, and business development, enabling Pact to achieve its global strategy. We ensure program excellence through continuous learning, monitoring and evaluation and provide organizational and industry-wide thought leadership by leveraging a complementary set of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary skills, expertise, and experiences. The Programs team: influences progressive change through the development and implementation of global and regional strategies and business plans; supports advancement of innovative solutions; pursues new business opportunities; and drives effective internal and external engagement to maximize Pact’s impact across the globe. Across all aspects of its role, the Programs Department adheres to and promotes a culture of inclusion, accountability, and respect.
Reporting to the DCOP, is responsible for all aspects of the technical activities and services. They will serve as a member of the project’s senior management team, based in Dar es Salaam with frequent travel. The Senior Advisor will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic guidance on all health service delivery aspects and oversee the integration of gender and youth sensitive and inclusive programming across the Activity’s objectives. They will play a crucial role in the conceptualization, development, implementation, and evaluation of such activities. This position is located in Tanzania and is contingent upon award.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of project activities related to service delivery and improving access to quality services
- Advise the COP, serve as subject matter and technical expert.
- Develop recommendations and strategies toward establishing referral mechanisms and service provision plan to help achieve key activity goals, integrating with other engagement and capacity building strategies as needed;
- Lead the integration of gender transformative lens in creation of annual work plans and participates in the monitoring of work plans against indicators;
- Collaboratively develops responsive, realistic and high-quality plans to build the capacity of staff and local partners on GBV and gender transformative programming;
- Leads development or adaptation of programming tools around GBV prevention and GBV response/services;
- Advise changes and improvements to improve the content, quality and supervision of services in both primary and secondary service delivery contexts and take responsibility for implementation.
- Work with health care providers, local authorities, community members, and other key stakeholders to identify both clinical and behavioral service delivery issues that impede access to care and uptake of services.
- Using a collaborative style of working, communicate effectively with objective leads, partners, and supervisors and contribute directly to monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Gender/Women’s Studies, social work, international development, or other relevant fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience improving access to health service delivery.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in planning, implementation and monitoring of gender programing to prevent GBV or promote gender equity.
- Experience facilitating trainings and workshops focusing on improving service delivery and/or gender sensitive and inclusive programming.
- Professional experience interacting with U.S. Government agencies, host country governments, small NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in English;
- Tanzanian National preferred.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
The deadline for submitting the application is 3 May 2021.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 3rd May, 2021.