Senior Advisor Equality Inclusion and Rights at WaterAid
- Company: WaterAid
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type:
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Do you have the skills and expertise to help ensure that everyone, everywhere – regardless of gender, age, disability status, ethnic or religious identity, where they live or their income levels – can enjoy their right to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene?
Join WaterAid as Senior Advisor for Equality, Inclusion and Rights at an exciting time when you can help shape the action that we take to embed gender equality more deeply and consistently in our WASH work as part of our new global strategy. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
This role is part of our Programme Support Unit team, a diverse, motivated, and fun group of 27 technical experts, specialists, advisors, and managers, passionate about bringing inclusive and sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) access to the world’s poorest and most marginalised people. The Senior Advisor provides thought leadership, strategic advice and support to embed gender equality, social inclusion and rights across our programmes and projects. You will work collaboratively with colleagues across the wider WaterAid federation to refine knowledge and approaches and build learning and best practice for WA and for the sector.
This is a 13 months, fixed term, maternity cover position.
Apply Now! To see the full job description, please click ‘Apply’. Please apply by:
* Submitting the following 3 items into one document in either Word Document or PDF format:
Item 1: Your Cover Letter
Item 2: Your CV
Item 3: Short answers to the following three questions on a separate page, in no more than 500 words in total:
Q1. What are your top 3 skills/experience that you feel meets the requirements of the role?
Q2. What is your approach to technical advisory and support across a global organisation?
Q3. What is your experience in leading and supporting gender responsive, disability inclusive and /or rights-based WASH (or related) programming?
* Please indicate your location and the right to work eligibility in your Cover letter.
Applications will close at 23:59 UK time on 24 April 2022.
Internal WaterAiders applying/interviewing for the role would need to discuss with their Line Manager in the interest of transparency and to help with resourcing planning. Please get in touch with your People Business Partner or Country Head of People & OD if you have any further queries
In this role, you will be responsible for:
* Provide in-depth thought leadership, strategic advice and coordination of gender equality, inclusion, and rights principles within WA UK – with a particular focus on embedding gender equality as part of WaterAid’s new global strategy over these next 12 months.
* Provide and coordinate targeted technical support to countries and regions and other teams on equality, inclusion and rights in WASH
* Consult and collaborate with other WaterAid teams to advance gender equality, social inclusion and rights in WASH
* Engage with and influence the WASH sector
* Contribute to team and organisational processes
To be successful, you’ll need:
* Extensive commitment, experience and demonstrable knowledge and skills in gender equality, social inclusion and rights based approaches, preferably within the WASH sector in low- or middle-income countries, demonstrated through a progressive career record with at least the most recent significant experience being in a similar level role
* Knowledge and expertise of current issues in gender equality, disability inclusion, social justice, racial equality and/or human rights (preferably related to WASH).
* Proven success in offering technical assistance, consulting, and/or advisory services to empower and to develop capacities.
* Demonstrated ability to drive tasks forward to completion in a timely manner while maintaining high quality.
* Proven record of leading and facilitating cross organisational teams, coordinating and motivating them to achieve common objectives
* Strong analytical ability and writing ability in English. Experienced in producing practical knowledge products or tools targeting needs of diverse audiences.
* Solid IT skills, particularly with core Microsoft Office software
* A team player, able to work responsibly, under pressure, and collaboratively across diverse groups, countries and cultures.
* Working style that reflects WaterAid’s values of Respect, Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation.
* Ability to travel internationally up to 20% if necessary and when situation allows.
Location: The role can be based in the UK or one of the following WaterAid Country Programme – Burkina Faso, Madagascar, Mali, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia subject to right to work eligibility in the respective countries. Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your right to work eligibility in the country to which you wish to work.
Salary: This role is Grade F in County Programmes and a Grade 3 in the UK. Salary and benefits will be in line with WaterAid country’s salary scale and depending on experience.
WaterAid is currently located at Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. We support and enjoy a hybrid working environment, this includes regular attendance in the London office to connect with each other. We look forward to discussing with you how you can best deliver in your new role.
Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your right to work eligibility in the UK.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at [email protected]
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th April, 2022.