13 Dec 2021
Senior Accountant x3 at Air Tanzania Company Limited
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Air Tanzania Company Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
POSITION: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (3 POSTS)
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant qualifications from a recognized institution
- Must have at least five (5) years working experience
- Must have relevant certification ie CPA or ACCA) and registered with NBAA
- Experience in airline accounting (BSP and ICH transactions) will be preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivottables will be preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable, receivable, revenue, fixed assets and inventory.
- Produce weekly and monthly report of revenue, payable, receivable, fixed assets and inventory
- Summarize and analyses financial information
- Participate in financial standards setting and forecast process
- Prepare financial statements timely and submit to finance manager for review
- Design the frame-work of cost and financial accounts and prepare reports for routine financial and operational decision-making
- Prepare routine reports as well as reports for long-term decision-making and forward to Finance manager to take corrective action at the right time.
- Prepare management report timely and submit to Finance manager for review
- Ensure Compliance with tax related issues, tax audits and tax returns
- Provide support to internal and external audit assignments assign
- Prepare and update cash flows projection
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Supervise, train and coach Assistant accountants reporting to you.
- Participate in department’s goal setting process
- Advise Finance Manager on financial related issues, internal controls and reporting.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles, IASs, IFRSs and IPSAs.
- Five (5) years contract with remuneration and fringe benefits as per ATCL Scales and Incentive Scheme
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants must submit a dully signed letter for consideration of the application attached with the following:-
A detailed curriculum vitae (CV),
Certified copies of all certificates (including secondary school), birth certificate and other relevant certificates/ licenses. Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities Tanzania Commission for University (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA)
Two recent passport size photographs
Name and address of at least two reputable referees;
Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone number.
Note: Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
CLOSING DATES: The application letters should reach the undersigned within fourteen (14) days from the first date of this announcement.
The application letters should be directed to the following address: –
MANAGING DIRECTOR AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 543,
DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submitting the application is 27 December 2021.