Senior Accountant at Career Options Africa Ltd
- Company: Career Options Africa Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Azura Health and Fitness Club, is a place where a member can improve their selves physically and mentally. At Azura, they have an indoor and outdoor gym, fitness classes, swimming pool, tennis, karate, café and a restaurant. The gym sessions and classes are taught by professional and motivating trainers.
The client is actively seeking an experienced senior accountant to join their team. As a senior accountant, you will be responsible for monitoring all financial data, preparing accurate statements, and ensuring compliance with legal regulations.
Your role will encompass budgeting, managing tax payments, performing internal audits, and providing consultancy to senior managers for cost and revenue analysis.
By meticulously managing their financial records and supporting investment decisions, you will play a vital role in their company’s success.
Expectations on work ethic and professional conduct: –
· Conduct oneself professionally.
· Show up to work on time.
· Prepare reports on time.
· Double check (proofread) works for errors.
· Show good communication skills.
· Identify and resolve problems before they become serious.
· Be proactive in all aspects of work, especially TRA and statutory requirements.
· Keep track of pending items and communicate if things are late.
· Keep UpToDate on advances in accounting, IT and related fields.
Job Responsibilities: –
Prepare budgets, cashflow and projections.
Upload and save swift advice for bank transfers.
Scan and upload important finance docs and correspondence.
Implement recommendations from auditor’s management letter.
Give recommendations on how to reduce costs, improve financial performance.
Give recommendations on how to improve internal controls.
Maintain fixed asset register.
Apply for annual business license.
Issue EFD receipts
Write receipt and payment vouchers.
Maintain file of supplier invoices and prepare payments.
Maintain schedule of rent payments
Initiate online payments.
Check quality of supporting documents
Prepare TRA and other statutory payments.
Calculate final benefits.
Maintain record of staff advances
Issue EFD receipts and Run Z reports.
Do monthly bank reconciliation.
Reconcile VAT returns with EFD and sales.
Do monthly petty cash reconciliation.
Prepare monthly reports.
Prepare debtors report.
Download WHT certificates and reconcile WHT.
Prepare NSSF & WCF payments.
Prepare WHT, VAT, PAYE and SDL returns.
Analyze accounts for tax exposure.
Work with TRA and auditors
Calculate provisional tax and revise as necessary.
· A bachelor’s degree holder with at least 3 years’ of work experience.
· One or more relevant professional accounting certifications (CPA/ACCA)
· Proficiency in English or use of it as a second language.
· Understand local tax laws and tax system information, be familiar with local laws and local financial rules, complete the company’s monthly financial annual reports, tax returns, etc., timely, and cooperate with audit work, etc.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING THE RIGHT PERSON
We are offering a competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
Method of ApplicationSend CV only to [email protected] by 22nd November 2023 subject heading, as SENIOR ACCOUNTANT- AZURA HEALTH. However, applications will be reviewed as they are received, and qualified candidates called for an interview as soon as their CVs are received. Kindly indicate current, last, or expected salary in the CV.
Candidates who do not hear from us by this date should consider their applications unsuccessful.