Security Officer, G-4 at IRMCT
- Company: IRMCT
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Tanzania
Organizational setting and Reporting:
This position is located in the Security & Safety Section of the Registry of the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals, Arusha Branch, under the supervision of the Chief of Security.
The incumbent will provide security of the IRMCT mission such as: prisoner escort and monitoring, court controls, premise access controls, screening, surveillance, incident and emergency response, report writing, control centre operations, key, weapons and communications issues, alarm monitoring, and use of confidential information which usually involves a span of control from 3 to 12 staff (e.g. court or a premise). To act as an operational supervisor for a team (shift) of up to 12 G3/4 officers covering building or court security duties. This requires the constant review and assessment of the security operation to appropriately mitigate risk by taking immediate action if necessary in case of emergency or by providing well thought out and presented suggestions, recommendations to improve current policies and regulations. To provide armed close protection of IRMCT VIPs during official missions or VIPs and dignitaries from external agencies visiting the IRMCT. To ensure accountability, due care, proper use and reporting of malfunctions of all equipment assigned to the operational area of responsibility. Reporting any cases of loss of breakage. Those assigned to specialized cover roles to include, Training, Fire & Safety and Pass & ID will be responsible for their area of specialization at the G4 level.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people
Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 3 years related Police/Military/Security experience. Proof of firearms (pistol) qualification within the past 5 years is mandatory. Proof of completion of UNDSS Induction Certification Training and latest UNDSS weapons certification are mandatory for serving UN security staff. A current certification in control centre operations (CCTV, 24 hour communications and alarm centre) is desirable. A valid driver’s license is required.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the IRMCT. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of French is desirable.
There may be an assessment exercise for qualified candidates followed by a competency-based interview.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
The appointment is limited to the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals. Appointment of the successful candidate on this position will be limited to the initial funding of the post. Extension of the appointment is subject to the extension of the mandate and/or the availability of funds. As the international tribunals are not integrated in the Secretariat, UN Staff Members serve on assignment or secondment from their parent department/office if selected. Appointments of staff members in the United Nations are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General. Staff Members are expected to move periodically to new functions in accordance with established rules and procedures, and may in this context be reassigned by the Secretary-General throughout the Organization based on the changing needs and mandates.
The United Nations is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. The United Nations recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds or disabilities. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
Method of ApplicationNOTE FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES:
- Staff at the G-3 and G-4 levels are eligible to apply; the requirement for one year post occupancy is
- Interested staff members must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable via personal inspira accounts (in PDF format) or the Mechanism website. Please submit all documents including the PHP, a Cover Letter, and the last two e- PAS’s ELECTRONICALLY AS ONE DOCUMENT to the [email protected] in-box. Please indicate the job opening number in the subject line.
- Applicants may have to sit the United Nations Global General Services Test (GGST) as per OHRM instructions. Evidence of passing the ASAT/GGST is encouraged in order to assess the need for testing.
- External applicants must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable from the Mechanism website (www.irmct.org) and forward electronically AS ONE DOCUMENT to the in-box. Please [email protected] indicate the job opening number in the subject Note, CVs will not be accepted for this job opening.
- Applicants may have to sit the United Nations Global General Services Test (GGST) in the duty station as per OHRM Evidence of passing the ASAT/GGST is encouraged in order to assess the need for testing.
- The appointment of the successful candidate will be on a local
DOWNLOAD THE FULL ADVERT HERE