Security Lieutenant, FS-4 (Multiple Posts) at IRMCT
- Company: IRMCT
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Tanzania
>Security Lieutenant, FS-4 (Multiple Posts)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : 08 September 2021
DATE OF ISSUANCE : 01 September 2021
OFFICE : Registry/Security & Safety Section
LOCATION : Arusha
JOB OPENING NUMBER : 2021/TJO/IRMCT//REG/SSS/217-FS
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Organizational setting and Reporting:
The post is located in the Registry, Security & Safety Section of the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (IRMCT), Arusha Branch. The incumbent will report to the Security Inspector.
- The incumbent will provide supervision of work in progress such as; detainee escort and monitoring, court controls, premise access controls, screening, surveillance, incident and emergency response, report writing, communication centre operations, weapons issue and alarm monitoring. Provide constant review and assessment of the security operation to appropriately mitigate risk by taking immediate action if necessary in case of emergency or by providing well thought out and presented suggestions, recommendations to improve current policies and regulations. Inspect and audit staff at work to provide feedback for development and clarity of requirements so the work process is compliant, understood, and Provides supplementary on-the-job training and instruction to staff under supervision. Co-ordinate daily arrivals/departures of accused, staff, VIPs, witnesses, contractors and visitors to ensure the policies of screening, access, information point and prisoner escort are compliant to policy, procedure and directives. Operator of the Security and Safety Service 24/7 Security Operations Centre. To provide an hourly scheduling of staff assignments to ensure there is a fit between operational objectives and resource applications to produce economies, efficiencies and effectiveness within rules and procedures. To manage the e-performance reporting system of officers assigned as first reporting Officer and to appropriately disseminate reliable information to other first reporting officers who may have staff assigned on a temporarily basis. Review, audit and update all documentation of instructions, guidance, directives, orders, records and logs to ensure they are relevant, accessible, accountable and correct. Collect pertinent information to produce a well written and relevant initial incident report required for the Security Investigations Unit. Provide information briefings and inspections prior to the commencement of operations. Ensure accountability, due care, proper use and reporting of malfunctions of all equipment assigned to the operational area of responsibility. Investigating and reporting any cases of loss or breakage. The post is responsible to remain familiarised and qualified in services normally performed by a Lieutenant but considered a separate unit (e.g. Investigations, Field Operations, and Training Unit) to act as replacement on an ‘as required’ basis. Performs other duties as required.
- Professionalism: Full understanding of the functions and organization of the IRMCT and the Section. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Planning and Organising – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments, adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time
High school diploma or equivalent technical or vocational certificate
Minimum of six (6) years of experience in the field of military, police or security management is required; of which a minimum two years of experience in security operations centres or similar within a military, police or security organization is required; and At least one year experience and exposure at the international level and in a difficult security environment is required. Candidate must have prior experience with qualification and carry of a pistol. Desirable experience: security planning, security operations, security risk assessment, standard operating procedures, physical security, coordination with local authorities and law enforcement agencies, emergency communication system, crisis management, hostage incident management, security administration, security logistics in a difficult security environment, security staffing in a multicultural environment. Other: UN DSS certification in any of the following is an asset: Security Certification Program, Security Analysis Practice and Process, Hostage Incident Management, Close Protection Officers Course, Security Investigation.
English and French are the working languages of the Mechanism. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of French is desirable. Working knowledge of Kinyarwanda and / or Swahili is also desirable.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th September , 2021.