Securities Quality Control Officer at Absa
- Company: Absa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Absa Jobs in Tanzania - Security Jobs in Tanzania
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
Securities Unit is a unit within the Credit Risk Department responsible for the following:
• Quality Control of Securities and Facility related documents,
• Drafts of various security and facility Documents
• Issuance of Security Confirmation Certificate, safe custody of securities and their discharge subject to obtaining Security Approval
• Dual Control of Security Strong room and fireproof cabinets as a primary custodian.
• General Management of Security & Facility Documents including Log in and discharge of Securities.
• Maintenance of Security and Facility documents
• Remediation of security & facility issues
• Tracking with External Attorneys for Security Perfection.
- Main accountabilities and approximate time splitPreparation of Security & Facility Documents (90%)
- Perform complete check of required documents for each instruction received and update the securities system diary.
- Draft and Review of Securities, Facility, and related documents to ensure and ascertain their accuracy in line with the Credit Approval
- Tracking, monitoring and follow-up with the Relationship Team/Managers on execution of documents by the client.
- Follow-up with the Relationship Team/Managers for submission of auxiliary documents such as land rents, valuation reports, insurances etc. and upon receipt, update/liaise with RCU Manager responsible for the portfolio for record and monitoring purposes.
- Manage the ‘’ Security Data Management System’’ (SDM) used as a Data Base and for issuance of Security Confirmation Certificate (SCC),
- Monitoring and Tracking of security documents which are with External Attorneys for registration purposes.
- Managing Security and Facility Logbook including log in all incoming securities/facilities and log off discharged securities.
- Managing ‘’Security Discharge Register’’ by making sure that all discharged securities and related documents are noted in the discharge register and make sure that customers sign in the register.
- Arrange for courier of security documents to the branch network or attorneys.
- Update securities system after every step executed.
- To liaise with different stakeholders in securities and facilities matters and ensure that securities and facilities prepared are always correct and in accordance with the laws.
- Act as a Primary Custodian and Ensure dual control is maintained in the custody and discharge of security documents.
- Performing any other responsibilities that may be assigned by Security and Documentation Manager.
- Other Responsibilities (10%)
- Management of ‘’Guard Books’’ including Proper Filing of Approvals for Security Discharges, copies of Title Deeds and Discharge forms.
- Identify new and emerging risk associated with the documentation, execution, custody, and discharge of security documents.
- File all correspondences received from different stakeholders.
- Management of ‘’Invoices’’ raised by our External Attorneys by making sure that the same are communicated to the respective Relationship Manager and track for their full payments.
- Identify new and emerging risk associated with the custody of security documents.
- Management of Bank guarantee and Parental guarantee to ensure that the same are renewed/ extended before their respective expiry dates.
- Management of our Weekly Track Report to ensure that all items remain current and ensure that proper escalation is done for challenging issues.
- Risk and Controls ObjectivesEnsure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards
Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture.
- Understanding of own role in the end-to-end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absa’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management.
- Report all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your business area and help to understand why these happened and how to prevent them in future.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- Continuous and proactive engagement with regulatory bodies, unions where applicable
- All mandatory training completed to deadline
- Technical skills / Competencies
- Strong analytical skills
- LLB Holder
- Interpersonal & People management, team building and Leadership skills.
- Communication including negotiation skills.
- Time Management
- PC skills
- Strategic thinking
- Knowledge & Expertise(Relating to specialist knowledge and expertise required to undertake the role. May include knowledge of the Bank’s products, services, and policies)
- Detailed knowledge of corporate Business and risk products, policies, procedures, and services
- Good understanding of business objectives for corporate and Local Business.
- Good working knowledge of other products and services offered by Absa Africa.
- Good understanding of the Risk Management business goals and objectives.
- Good understanding of Collateral Managements.
- Working knowledge of local regulations relating to lending’s.
- Awareness of products and services offered by competitor banks.
- Experience & QualificationsEssential
- Security Documentation
- Credit Administration
- Communication with particular emphasis on imparting difficult / unpopular decisions
- Absa ValuesAbsa’s Values and Behaviours represent the set of standards which governs the actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the performance of every one of us in Absa are being assessed and rewarded:
- I drive high performance to achieve sustainable results.
- I’m obsessed with customer.
- I have an African heartbeat.
- I believe our people are our strengths.
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th October, 2023.