School Nurse x3 at Gili Secondary School
- Company: Gili Secondary School
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Pwani Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
1. School Nurse (3 post)
Position: School Nurse
Duty Station: Kiaha-Pwani, Tanzania
Reporting To: Deputy Headmaster – Core values & Operations.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
· Provide medical attention to any member of the school’s Students and staff.
· Provides care for injuries and acute illness for all students and long-term management of students with special health care needs.
· To do screening and referral for health conditions
· Prepare and maintain student clinic records and prepare required reports
· Providing health-related education to students and staff in both individual and group settings.
· Overseeing infection control measures
· Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures, and the development of healthcare plans
· As required take students to the hospital and contact parents of sick students in line with school procedures. The employee shall serve the school during work hours and shall not leave the premises without oral/written permission form from the Headmaster.
· The employee may be required to work after hours and on weekends during extracurricular events such as sports, exhibitions, seminars, parent meetings, etc. even during the school vacation.
· Devote time and attention to this service unless called on to assist in other areas that are decided on by the Deputy Headmaster Core Values and Operations. However, health care is the primary concern.
· Actively participate in the Health Checks performed by external doctors and monitor the follow ups required.
· Periodically suggest improvements to the department’s procedure and submit to your supervisor for approval.
· Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
· Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by Head of Department, Manager and Deputy Director.
Qualification, Skills and Attributesa
ü A minimum of Diploma in Nursing
ü A minimum of three years’ work experience
ü Must be a registered or enrolled Nurse
ü Problem solver and flexible
ü An individual who pays attention to detail
ü Quick responder to emergencies.
ü Good written and verbal English and Kiswahili skills.
ü Must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, integrity and professionalism
ü Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
ü Good knowledge on Ms- word and Excel
ü Other Recruitment Information
Original Education certificates must be presented during the interview for shortlisted candidates.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
DEADLINE: APPLY BY 10/10/2023
INTERVIEW WILL BE CONDUCTED ON 12/10/2023 for only shortlisted
Method of ApplicationInterested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to [email protected]