School Matron (English Speaking) x2 at Secondary Education for Girls Advancement (SEGA)
- Company: Secondary Education for Girls Advancement (SEGA)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
Secondary Education for Girls Advancement (SEGA), is a non-profit organization with offices at Mkundi area, Morogoro Municipal, mandated to operate in Tanzania mainland with registration No 00NG/R2/0000232. SEGA’s mission is to educate and equip bright Tanzanian girls with academic, leadership, and business skills to unleash their individual talents and reach their full potential, with a particular focus on vulnerable girls. SEGA programs include; 1) The SEGA Girls’ Secondary School, 2) Post Form Four Scholarship Program, and 3) Msichana wa Kisasa Community Outreach Program.
Vacancies within the SEGA Girls Secondary School:
SCHOOL MATRON (ENGLISH SPEAKING) – (2 POSTS VACANT)
The English-Speaking matron will work hand-in-hand with the nurse and prefects to ensure school programs are followed properly by monitoring behavior, health issues, cleanliness and discipline. Specific responsibilities include supervising campus cleaning, including watering gardens at 5:00-6:00 pm and at 6:00-7:30 am; making follow-up on evening sports activities; following up on student use of water in dormitories; ensuring students speak English in the dormitories; report writing on daily occurrences; and supporting student discipline through counseling, mentoring and positive reinforcement.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Education or counseling.
- 5 years of experience working with students, particularly girls, preferred
- Experience in counseling is a plus
- Fluent English Speaker preferred
- Experience working with vulnerable populations preferred
- Experience, willingness and interest in instilling discipline without use of corporal punishment
- Ability to work well independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage, encourage and build the capacity of others
- Ability to communicate efficiently on email; and use MS Word and Excel
NB: For all the positions, SEGA is looking for a person who is willing and ready to start immediately in January 2023. Females are highly encouraged to apply.