Scaffolders x4 at FABEC Investment Limited
- Company: FABEC Investment Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tabora, Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
FABEC Investment Limited is the Sub Contractor for WASCO ISOAF TZ LTD in the EAST AFRICA CRUDE OIL Project (EACOP) contracted to build the coating plant in EACOP coating yard in Tabora region Nzega district, Igusule ward. The company is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the following positions:
Scaffolders: (4 Positions)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Scaffold builders are responsible assembling and dismantling scaffolding structures that allow workers to access specific portions of a building to perform needed work.
- Builds, positions, and dismantles wooden structures, such as concrete forms, scaffolds, tunnel and sewer supports, and temporary frame shelters, according to sketches, blueprints, or company standards.
- Craft that aren’t afraid to climb, walk, and work at high elevations. Fixing the scaffolding to the building or structure to make it more stable, using short’tie tubes’
- Laying planks (battens) across the scaffolding for workers to walk on
- Putting up the scaffolding poles (standards) and attaching the horizontal tubes (ledgers) to them with couples
- Unloading scaffolding equipment at the site
- Fixing guard rails and safety netting
- Taking down the scaffolding aftera job is finished.
- Setting base plates on the ground at regular intervals(these stop the upright poles slipping)
- Certificate of services
- Painting Experience.
- Work at heights with no fear.
- Examines, selects, and gathers materials and tools.
- Examines blueprints and specifications to determine dimensions of structure.
- Inspect base surface for obstructions.
- Saws boards and plywood panels to required sizes.
- Uses carpentry hand tools such as hammers, levels, squares, screw drivers, adjustable wrenches, hand and power saws, drill motors and pry bars.
- Assembles scaffold containing handrails, mid rails, braces and planks, toe boards, screening, locking pins and wheels to job specifications.
- Determines type of scaffold needed and how to properly instruct on how to install.
- Oversight of transport tubular scaffold or other structural material and erects the scaffold as instructed by the scaffold builder.
- Hoists scaffolding materials upward in order to erect temporary structure.
- Properly secures and levels locking sections of scaffolding material.
- Properly secures scaffold to the permanent structure for added stability.
- Supervises the dismantling of scaffolding when it has been properly communicated to do so.
- Inspects and properly stows scaffolding material after dismantling.
Method of ApplicationApplicants should send their CV together with the copies of their certificates to the following email address: [email protected]
Deadline: 08th August, 2022
Shall you not hear from us two weeks after the end of the application deadline consider your application unsuccessful.