SBCC Officer x5 at Amref Tz
- Company: Amref Tz
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
SBCC Officer (5 posts) Reports to:
Regional Strategic Results Manager Location:
Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Manyara, Dodoma, Singida
S/he will spearhead, coordinate and implement routine SBCC activities in the implementation site be positioned in project region and will provide. S/he will collaborate with R/CHMT throughout the implementation and ensure key HIV services & TB integration community interventions are executed timely
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to design, develop and monitor HIV/TB community based SBCC strategies for the project in collaboration with the government and selected institutions, through a mentoring, learning by doing approach
- Support the development of innovative new approaches to SBCC, including use of Information and Communication Technology
- Support design and implementation of SBCC-specific capacity building activities
- Participate in the development and testing of community level SBCC materials and interventions, as needed
- Support community advocacy activities by regional and district leaders
- Support SBCC activities using various IEC and media channels through regional and district health promotion officer.
- Coordinate, monitor and oversee all community based SBCC campaigns/activities in the project region
- Document project results and impacts in various forms, including media stories, lessons learned, case studies, client satisfaction, etc.
- Collaborate with LGAs and partners to strengthen government systems and human resource capacity to monitor MOHCDGEC approved evidence-based SBCC platforms
- Collaborate with other technical specialists and stakeholders beyond the project to ensure coordination of materials and communication message strategies and avoid gaps and overlaps.
- Represent the project, as directed, in any working group, committee, or task force addressing SBCC at region and district level.
- Prepare the monthly SBCC project reports and submit to the regional strategic Manager for further reporting
- Identify short-term technical assistance needs and guide the identification of consultants and agencies that can contribute to the development of SBCC strategies, activities and materials
- Support preparation of SBCC component of project annual and quarterly workplans
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports as required, detailing the performance of the SBCC program, including reports and others as directed
- Gather feedback on implementation of SBCC strategies in project districts and provide technical support and corrective actions, when necessary.
- Degree qualification in social science-related studies, international development or other related fields required in; coordination and management of similar projects; Public health education and behavioral change communication;
- Proven experience in implementing behavioral change communication projects, focusing on creating demand for community and facility-based health services and
- Proven experience in implementing at least two health projects that include a strong behavior change communication component.
- Three years (3) experience in management, program planning and multi-cultural and remote personnel management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills a must
- Ability to develop well-written, cohesive analyses and reports
- Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships
- Ability to identify and understand issues and opportunities, compare data from different sources to draw conclusions, use effective approaches for developing appropriate solutions, take action that is consistent with available facts and probable consequences, communicate with and seek guidance from regional program management team
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required
- Willingness to be based in regions and to travel to remote rural locations.
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
- Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided official correspondence email above
- Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants.
To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS December 08, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not be easily retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected]