Sanitation & Hygiene Market Systems Director at Chemonics International Inc.
- Company: Chemonics International Inc.
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Chemonics International Inc.
Chemonics seeks a Sanitation & Hygiene Market Systems Director for the anticipated USAID Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) activity in Tanzania. The Activity’s overall objective is to expand the provision and governance of WASH services and the management of water resources through partnership with the government and private sector. The Sanitation & Hygiene Market Systems Director will be responsible for overseeing the technical implementation of market-based solutions and facilitating public-private partnerships for the quality improvement of sanitation and hygiene products and services. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Under the chief of party, provides oversight and coordination of technical activities supporting market-based solutions to create local demand for sanitation, behaviors, and hygiene products and services
- Collaborates with municipal governments and utilities and leverages public-private partnerships to expand small-scale, decentralized waste treatment facilities
- Guides program staff in activities supporting market actors and addressing barriers to local sanitation and hygiene product and service enterprises in target regions to shape the business environment
- Leads engagement with private sector partners to foster innovation and investment in the sanitation and hygiene market
- Master’s degree in business/marketing, public administration, economics, water and natural resource management, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field;
- A minimum of 7 years’ of experience in the design, implementation, and management of donor-funded (USAID preferred) WASH programs, market facilitation and enterprise development, or in other related fields in an international context;
- Experience engaging small businesses, assessing market barriers and opportunities, and forming private-public partnerships in the region preferred;
- Experience with Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and youth integration in project implementation preferred;
- Proven record of fostering collaboration and innovation to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality program results;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required; proficiency in Swahili preferred; and
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa strongly preferred.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 21st November, 2020.