Sampler – Grade Control at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Sampler – Grade Control
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Re Reporting to: Supervisor Mine Geology.
Number of Positions: One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the role is to facilitate, organize and participate in sample collection, preparation, and submission to SGS laboratory for testing and analysis to determine their metal content and characteristics.
- A Minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE).
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- At least One (1) year’ geology experience in the mining and/or exploration industry.
- Knowledge of open pit mining, management of grade control drilling and sampling will be added advantage
MAI MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Collect / record and handle geological samples according to the available standard procedures
- Ensuring that all geology works are undertaken in a safe and environmentally friendly manner
- Ensuring all grade control sampling procedures at GC drilling area are implemented
- Ensuring all grade control samples are bagged and labelled as per standard procedure
- Ensuring sample bags and chip trays are prepared ready for drilling and submission forms are accurately completed
- Ensuring all grade control samples are collected from drilling site to geology dispatching area and maintaining QAQC standards
- Ensuring Grade Control ‘End of shift’ summary report is completed and submitted to supervisor on time
ADD ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Be able to handle manual work
- Good in communication skills and report writing
- Strong results orientated and ability to consistently deliver on the plan.
- Safety conscious
- Capable of working under minimal supervision with a systematic logical approach
- Physically fit to work in mining environment
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st December, 2022.