Sales & Marketing Representative at Tabono Consult
- Company: Tabono Consult
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Tanzania
Sales & Marketing Representative
Work Location (primary): Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job Type: Contract Based
Brief Job Description
Our Client is a medical device manufacturing firm established and operating in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The company currently locally manufactures three hypoallergenic products in an ISO 8 Cleanroom environment: surgical masks, medical plasters, and non-woven adhesive tape. Established in 2021 with manufacturing surgical masks, the medical device manufacturing line has continued to grow and expand to include the two new products targeted for the Tanzanian and regional medical markets.
Our Client is looking for an experienced sales and marketing representative who will be responsible for the overall sales and marketing direction of the company. In this position, you will be involved in developing and implementing marketing strategies, conducting sales initiatives, establishing and maintaining customer relations.
To ensure success as a sales and marketing executive, you are expected to have a strong knowledge of the Tanzania medical sector, a passion for marketing and sales for high quality locally manufactured medical devices, and excellent communication skills. Some outputs of this role include producing concepts for marketing materials (including content), conducting market research, establishing a client database, securing sales contracts, and staying current on marketing trends.
We are looking to fill in the positions of Sales and Marketing Representative who will be responding to the Factory Manager and COO of the company:
Scope of works
Within the framework of the defined internal procedures and the commercial objectives set, the sales and marketing representative seeks B2B customers. She/He seeks to know customers’ needs, advises them and sells products through exemplary customer service in order to develop turnover. She/He ensures the collection of sales. She/He participates in the running of the factory stock and the inventories.
The sales and marketing representative will be specifically in charge of:
- Develop marketing and sales strategies, including alignment of sales projections with the management, for each of the manufactured products
- Analyzes and creates a plan for engaging the target market, conduct market research for company products and potential future products
- Design and implement marketing plans for company products
- Coordinate with media representatives
- Conduct door-to-door meetings with existing and prospective clients, establish a database of these clients, and build relationships with these clients
- Establish direct B2B sales, create sales contracts, provide regular follow-up with clients, monitor client stock needs and ensure continuous supply to clients
- Maintain client relationships including regular outreach, communication, and visits with existing and potential clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Track and report impacts of marketing and sales initiatives and campaigns
- Communicate sales requests to the COO and manufacturing team to ensure sufficient product availability to meet client needs
- Establish, maintain, and update a client database and sales tracking system, in coordination with the COO, to ensure stock is always available prior to the next required delivery of product
- Verifies the labelling of the products
- Controls the physical deliveries
Special Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills to perform the role.
- Ability to use initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Good understanding of sales and customer service
- Previous B2B sales and marketing experience
- Fluency in Swahili and English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous product handling experience
- Bachelors degree in Pharmacy/biological science/marketing & sales communications or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 4 years work experience in sales, marketing or related domain
- Experience in business to business customers sales
- Working experience in marketing in the medical sector is an advantage
- Technical knowledge of medical device manufacturing is considered an advantage
The selected candidate will receive training on the systems she/he will use. The selected candidate will be expected to train other staff members on sales and marketing best practices and approaches.
Place and hours of works
Workplace: Mikocheni B Industrial Area, Dar Es Salaam- office location, with expectations of daily travel within Dar es Salaam for sales and marketing meetings with prospective and existing clients. The selected candidate may be required to travel within and/or outside of Tanzania as is required for meetings, sales, and marketing initiatives.
Hours of works: Regular working hours Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 05:00pm. Work on weekends will be on demand and periodically depending on business needs.
Work outfit: the sales representative will at all times expected to appear presentable to reflect the image of the company. Attire will depend on the clientele engagement environment.
Office engagements: Formal wear
Street engagements & Fridays(weekends): Casual wear with a company t-shirt.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit their resume certificates detailing their qualifications and relevant experience to [email protected] Please include “Sales and Marketing Representative” in the subject line.
Tabono Consult is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS THE 22 October 2023.
Tabono will only get in touch with shortlisted candidates*****