Sales Engineer at ALAF
- Company: ALAF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Apprise, update, and provide valuable inputs to management about techno-commercial developmental activities/challenges/competition in the field of LGS and future technological developments to facilitate policy decisions in business.
• Linkages with technical building industry players (consultants, contractors & developers)
• Responsible for business development through building long-term business relationships with key government departments and construction organizations/ministries for the development of LGS -business, e.g. various construction boards and companies.
1. Key responsibilities:
a. Operational responsibilities/Tasks.
• Assess and identify new opportunities for growth in current and prospective markets.
• Establish the product in the market through business development closely working with key specifiers and influencers.
• Responsible for generating and managing business, as per annual Business Plans.
• Accountable for the accomplishment of top-line growth & bottom-line profitability for the division.
• Ensure all company activities adhere to legal guidelines and policies.
• Examine new opportunities in current and potential markets.
• Tracking competitor activities, identifying market and sales potential for PEB business.
• Identify regular, large, and mega accounts and put forth a strategy to develop the business and account
• Leverage market data to drive company growth.
2. Job Dimensions:
a. Financial responsibilities:
• Improve & Increase profitability by adding value to the product line and solution chain.
• Control Debtors and increase cash collections.
• Responsible Bottom line profits of the division
b. Responsibility for Physical Assets:
• Making sure that Company Office Assets in his/her office are optimally used.
c. Working conditions:
• Works from a great ambiance office with less risk/Ergonomic risk.
• Has out-of-office or field activities.
1. Qualifications required:
i. Minimum academic qualification: Min: Degree in Engineering (Civil, Structural, Mechanical Engineering)
ii. Qualifications as an added advantage: MBA in sales and marketing will be added advantage.
2. Experience required:
i. General work experience (years): 5 -10 years.
ii. Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 2-5 years’ experience.
iii. Industry: 2-5 years’ experience in designing & Detailing.
3. Key competencies and skills:
a. Core Competency – Negotiation & Influence
b. Sales Skills – SPANCO – QFD – Highly qualified in relationship building and should have good interpersonal skills.
c. Can perform under pressure with accuracy.
e. Commercial Awareness
f. Team Working
g. Business Acumen
h. Problem Solving ability.
i. Strategic Planning
j. Self-Motivated & Self Driven
k. New Market and Product Development
4. Language requirements:
5. Computer literacy:
a. Basic Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
6. Personality profile:
Young, Energetic, Smart, hard taskmaster, and have excellent communication and people management skills.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21st July, 2023.