Safety Officer at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Company: Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Safety Officer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note the overall objective of this position is to provide service and support to employees and supervisors in respective departments across the Mine with regards to Employee ealth and Safety in the workplace.
Reporting to: Section Leader
Work Schedule: 14 Days On/ 7 Days Off
- Lead and influence change whilst developing a positive safety culture
- Provide support and guidance to Safety Representatives
- Conduct On job Coaching and Training to employees on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and safe work practices
- Demonstrate commitment in the completion of health and safety activities
- Timely and accurate completion of Safety daily, weekly, monthly and yearly report
- Conduct scheduled weekly and monthly Safety meetings
- Maintain accuracy information in Management of Change ( MOC’s ) database
- Participate in review of Standard Operating Procedures
- Conduct workplace inspections and audits as required
- Assist in incident and accident investigations.
- Monitor and follow up on incident investigation recommendations to ensure actions are completed and implemented.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Tanzanian Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Demonstrate commitment in the completion of health and safety activities including standards set for the company.
- Correct and report safety hazards when observed.
- Actively support and participate in safety initiatives or training as required.
- Assisting with facilitation of formal risk assessments.
- Understanding of related department activities and manage their impact on the safety programs
- Ordinary Level Secondary Education Certificate
- Certification in Emergency response Management
- Level 3 First Aid Training
- A Valid Driving License
- Formal Training Qualification in Risk Management, Accident Investigations and Occupational Health and Safety
- 2 – 3 Years’ Experience in Safety Practice in Mining, Processing or Maintenance disciplines. Underground Mining Experience added as an advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Sound knowledge of Legislatory Requirements within Mining- OSHA, Mining Act, Explosives Act, Mines Health & Safety Act, Mining Regulations, ICMI Code, Environmental Laws
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Incident and Accident investigating
- On Job Training and Coaching skills
- Knowledge of Hazardous Material & Practice
- Safety Conscious
- ERT Equipment Operation & Maintenance
- Problem Solving
- Computer Skills- Fluent in MS Office
- Communication, Fluent in written and verbal in English & Swahili
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Method of Application
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “SAFETY OFFICER” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 9th October 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com