Safeguarding Manager at BRAC
- Company: BRAC
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
CAREER WITH BRAC TANZANIA FINANCE LIMITED
BRAC TANZANIA FINANCE LIMITED (BTFL) is the largest Microfinance organization in Tanzania with a mission to responsibly provide a range of financial services to people at the bottom of the pyramid. We particularly focus on women living in poverty in rural and hard-to-reach areas to create self-employment opportunities, build financial resilience, and harness women’s entrepreneurial spirit by empowering them economically.
BRAC Tanzania Finance LTD is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individual to fill up the following position.
Position (1): Safeguarding Manager
Job Location: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the implementation of the 06 Safeguarding and sub-set of policies by training the country leads of programmes/departments, leads and build up a pool of trainers to ensure 100% staff, partners, volunteers, consultants and service providers receive training and refreshers on the safeguarding policies.
- Ensure the country management and programme leads champion safeguarding;
- Act as the primary reporting avenue for safeguarding related concerns/violations and be the key resource for survivors, ensuring their safety, security and providing survivor support services in line with a survivor-centered approach;
- Conduct safeguarding risk assessment and integrate safeguarding measures in programmes; and operations with support from the Regional and Head Office Safeguarding units;
- Lead case management of safeguarding violations ensuring that BRAC Tanzania Finance LTD meets its donor obligations to report safeguarding violations without delay;
- Develop capacity of staff to conduct sensitive investigations and produce high quality investigation reports, maintaining confidential investigation case files;
- Ensure organizational reporting and response mechanisms are functional, practical and community-friendly;
- Lead the process of identifying, mapping and regularly updating local support services available to survivors across the country in all the regions where programmes operate.
- Maintain the online safeguarding case management system, reviewing incidents submitted and ensure timely follow-up actions;
- Lead the annual safeguarding budgeting process for BRAC Tanzania Finance LTD, monitoring expenditure and follow up actions with support from the Regional and Head Office Safeguarding units;
- Prepare quarterly reports of reported cases for reporting to BI management;
- Review monitoring and audit review findings and address gap areas;
- Create impactful presentations for senior management on reported cases and trend analysis;
- Participate in program design meetings and kick-off workshops to facilitate inclusion of risks, planning and strategy with regard to safeguarding;
- Represent BRAC Tanzania Finance LTD at external meetings (i.e., Safeguarding cluster/network groups)
- Supervise the officers/interns who will be working in the Safeguarding unit, providing them effective supervision and mentoring so that they have a positive learning experience
REQUIRED SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills with regards to safeguarding
- Experience of implementing safeguarding policies and practices
- Ability to build trust among stakeholders to report safeguarding violations
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and sensitivity
- Knowledge of international standards of safeguarding and ability to implement best practices
- Experience of conducting complex and sensitive safeguarding investigations and preparing investigation reports and guiding other teams to do so
- Ability to work strategically and practically with multiple stakeholders
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience of designing and delivering training and capable of delivering messages appropriately to a variety of audiences
- Clear communication and public speaking skills
- Capable of working both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent relationship management skills and ability to communicate in all forms (written, verbal, negotiation, presentation skills)
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands to deliver results
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Sociology, Gender and Women’s Studies, Development Studies, International Development, Anthropology, Economics or any relevant discipline. Certification in Safeguarding
- Case Management or Investigation Skills training on Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (SEAH) is an added advantage
- At least 7 years of experience, 3 years being in the areas of safeguarding, protection, gender or GBV in any reputed organization
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Method of ApplicationCandidate needs to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at [email protected] quoting the job title on the email subject (Safeguarding Manager).
Only complete applications will be accepted, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 22th December 2023 *** BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.