Safeguarding Advisor ECSA at Sightsavers
- Company: Sightsavers
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Sightsavers implements projects in over 30 countries in Africa and South Asia working to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. We are looking for an experienced Safeguarding Advisor to provide informed and proactive support to the wider Safeguarding team.
Title: Safeguarding Advisor
Location: Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania
Contract: Two Year Fixed Term Contract – Renewable
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
The Safeguarding Advisor position is vital to effective safeguarding at Sightsavers, as the demands on safeguarding as a function continue to grow. Key duties will involve:
designing safeguarding elements for bids and identifying safeguarding risks
acting as the safeguarding lead on new consortiums and projects where Sightsavers acts as the lead
creating and facilitating safeguarding training
capacity building on safeguarding
identifying safeguarding risks
This is an involved role so please read the full job description for further details.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for an individual who is
- experienced working in an international development or humanitarian setting, particularly in Africa.
- experienced in running training and an understanding of the increased risks faced by children and adults with disabilities
- experienced in safeguarding investigation or investigation management
- able to bring a contextual understanding of working on safeguarding and child protection in Africa and provide support to our Designated Safeguarding Leads in Africa
- fluent in English and able to deliver effective training
- able to help design and run safeguarding training and action plans with our partners.
- able to travel internationally for a few short trips per year
Sightsavers offers a supportive and inclusive work environment. Specific benefits and local terms and conditions apply to each location.
We anticipate that remote panel interviews will take place in mid-July and the assessment process will include a presentation related to the job role. We anticipate a start date of mid-August for the successful candidate. Due to project deadlines, we are keen to fill this role as quickly as possible so applications will be considered as soon as they are received.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21st July, 2023.