Safe Surgery in Family Planning at Intrahealth
- Company: Intrahealth
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
CONSULTANT SCOPE OF WORK
MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics (MSSFPO) seeks to sustainably strengthen surgical safety within maternal health (MH) and voluntary family planning (FP) programs by promoting evidence-based approaches. MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics (MSSFPO) is a new project that is part of the USAID-funded MOMENTUM suite of awards. MSSFPO seeks to accelerate reductions in maternal and newborn mortality and morbidity by increasing the capacity of national plans to reflect the use of evidence-based high-quality interventions for the provision of safe emergency surgical obstetric services (CEmONC) including difficult removal of LARCs, prevention of female genital fistula; and prevention and treatment of GBV while embedding gender, youth, and social inclusion (GYSI) into interventions.
EngenderHealth leads MSSFPO and IntraHealth is one of the key partners along with the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, and the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs. Working closely with other MSSFPO partners and SpeakUp Africa, an organization who leads the Oagadougou Partnership Coordinating Unit, IntraHealth is coordinating work with a consultant or team of consultants in year one of MSSFPO to provide guidance and support to Ougadougou Parnership (OP) members to integrate surgical family planning (FP) topics, guidance, or approaches into costed implementation plans (CIPs).
CIPs provide a national-level framework for FP priorities for OP members and integration of surgical FP will both strengthen CIPs overall aims and may help combat widespread lack knowledge and misconceptions about FP permanent methods (PMs); improve access to the full range of voluntary FP methods may decrease dissatisfaction and discontinuation, preventing unwanted pregnancies and potentially unsafe childbearing; better address issues of poor insertion techniques deeply inserted implants; and help expand opportunities to integrate FP into antenatal care, before fistula treatment, or post-partum care to ensure women have their chosen method of FP before discharge.
This consultancy is focused on reviewing all nine OP CIPs and develop and implement a review methodology that can be used across the CIPs. To ensure that recommendations from the review are relevant for each CIP, the consultant will take into consideration the context in each country by reviewing existing resources and in some cases consulting with key stakeholders, to identify the primary barriers and opportunities that would guide inclusion of a safe surgical and PM focus in the CIPs. In some cases, CIPsreference national-level strategies and guidance documents, and it will need to be determined on an individual basis if these documents will need to be reviewed.
The consultant is responsible for the following activities:
- Summarizing the situational context/background of each OP member as it relates surgical FP care (male and female sterilization, implants and IUDs in interval, postpartum and postabortion periods)
- Developing and testing a review methodology for the CIPs, including a checklist for the review
- Using this methodology, to assess coverage of surgical FP into CIPs
- Documenting in a report where and how improvements can be made for each OP member country
- Summarizing suggestions for each OP member in a PowerPoint presentation
- Share and discuss the suggestions in the PPT with select stakeholders in each country
- Developing strategies for supporting integration of surgical FP priorities into selected CIPs
The consultant is responsible for the following deliverables in alignment with the responsibilities above:
- Situational context report
- CIPs collected
- Review methodology developed
- Review methodology rested for 3 countries
- Review completed for remaining 6 countries
- Review documented in a report and as a summary PowerPoint presentation, including development of a strategy and roadmap for integration of surgical FP priorities into CIPs for each country
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th June, 2021.