Safari Guide at Asilia lodges and Camps Ltd
- Company: Asilia lodges and Camps Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
COMPANY NAME: ASILIA LODGES AND CAMPS LTD
POSITION: SAFARI GUIDE
DEPARTMENT: SAFARI OPERATIONS
REPORTING TO: SAFARI OPERATIONS MANAGER
Asilia lodges and Camps Ltd is looking for a Tanzanian Safari Guide who is fluent in German and French language with a strong combination of Leadership, Decision-making, personalized hosting skills, Culture and a very good broad knowledge in all Asilia’ s areas of operations including properties and the National Park.
This Job Description is your guide to achieving these objectives by outlining your daily duties & responsibilities. WE BELIEVE IN BETTER!!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF JOB:
As a safari Guide your role is to safely guide safari guests on multiple safari days and properties through Northern Tanzania and sharing expert knowledge of fauna and flora during the safari and the different environments, they were seen in to ensure guests have a memorable stay.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Mentor the behavior of the group especially when young children are in it and ensure everyone remains in compliance with the rules.
- Provide solid knowledge on all levels of wildlife, history, Tanzania culture, geology, birds, trees, Plants, and all is touched in the foundation course manual, in all areas of operation and able to share this effectively with guests.
- Familiarize Tanzania’s road networks and alternative road networks and the time it takes to cover distances between certain destinations to successfully follow safari itineraries.
- Go beyond call of duty by adhering guiding protocol, National park rules and Asilia’s code of conduct when visiting Asilia camps, 3rd party properties and while on the road
- Clearly articulately and provide information to guest in an engaging manner.
- Works closely with Safari Operations and Asilia main workshop on accurately reporting any problems and faults with the vehicle as well as keeping tight records regarding fuel usage, vehicle kilometers logbooks and vehicle maintenance books.
- Regular Vehicle check especially after conditions, making sure vehicles is in excellent working condition.
- Actively host guests in all situations and safari properties as their personal guide leader over several safari days.
- Give full itinerary briefings of the safari, trust and professionalism in the guests and getting the most out of their safari.
- Taking full hosting responsibilities in safari properties where possible, available to host dinner as well as pre dinner drinks, discussing the day’s success and planning for the next day activities.
- Carries out regular checks of vehicle first Aid kits and monitors and maintains this standard on each safari.
- Regular vehicle safety checks each day.
- Actively applies when necessary, high level of First Aid skills and knowledge from the advanced training received.
- Actively communicates and promotes Asilia camps and company wildlife and community projects to guests with regular reports of results.
- Actively support and promotes Asilia and shares interesting safari happenings through social media networks.
- Not Less than three years’ experience as a Field Guide/Safari Guide or similar role in the hospitality industry
- Must be registered with the Board
- Must be able to speak and write French and Germany Language (other languages will be added an advantage)
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and Punctual
- Commitment to a high level of customer service
- Knowledge of hotels, lodges, and restaurants
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with efficiency and discretion
- Age limit not more than 45yrs.
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the requirements and interested in this exciting opportunity, Please send your cover letter and resume in only one Pdf document not later than 21th May 2021 to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Hard copy or Hand delivery will not be considered