Road Technician at Mkulazi Holding Company Limited (MHCL)
- Company: Mkulazi Holding Company Limited (MHCL)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL) is a joint venture company currently owned by National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Tanzania Prisons Service. The principle activity of the company is to undertake production and importation of sugar. Establishment of the Company is in line with the implementation of the second five year development plan (FYDP II) aiming to ensure that Tanzania becomes industrialized and middle income economy by the year 2025.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacant positions currently available in the company as follows below…
Road Technician (1 Post)
The person will assist the Cultivation Supervisor in planning and execution of repair and maintenance of estate roads.
Duties of the Road Technician:
- Assist on preparation of annual road planning and budgeting;
- Planning activities of machinery and equipment for road works (Excavators, Bulldozers, Graders, Compactors, Tipper Lorries etc.);
- Supervise repair and maintenance of estate roads;
- Carry out annual road condition and inventory survey;
- Ensuring regular road routine maintenance;
- Conduct materials test and analysis, using tools and equipment, and applying engineering knowledge;
- Prepare reports and document road works activities and data;
- Monitoring and control of performance of machineries and subordinates;
- Ensure safety at workplace are adhered; and
- Perform any other duties as she/he may be assigned by his senior.
- Holder of Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- More than 3years experience on similar role;
- Must be proficiency with computer especially MS word, Excel and outlook;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership and initiative Skills;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision; and
- Valid driving license as he/she will have to ride a motorbike to various working sites.
Salaries and Other Fringe Benefits will be as per the Company’s Salary scales/structures and the Staff Regulations and Conditions of Service, 2019.
General condition: all applicants should have accomplished secondary school education and possess an ordinary certificate or an advanced certificate of secondary education or its equivalent and should not be above 45 years of age.
Method of Application
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below (with the position applied written on the top of the envelope), describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. The closing deadline for all applications is 10 days after the advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O BOX 1079,
The deadline for submitting the application is September 15th, 2020.