Risk and Compliance Manager at First Housing Finance (T) Limited
- Company: First Housing Finance (T) Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
FIRST HOUSING FINANCE (TANZANIA) LIMITED
FIRST HOUSING FINANCE (TANZANIA) LIMITED commenced its operations in October 2017 as a fully-fledged financial institution specializing on the provision of residential mortgages. The company was licensed by Bank of Tanzania in July 2017 to commerce housing finance business under the provisions of The Banking and Financial Institutions Act,. 2006 (Cap. 342. R.E. 2002).
We are looking to hire a talented Risk and Compliance Manager to join our team. If you’re hard-working and dedicated, First Housing Finance is a great place to grow your career. We are looking for an experienced Risk and Compliance Manager to review our existing and develop and implement new risk management policies. In this role, you will work to identify risks that could impair our reputation, information security, or general operations and suggest ways to mitigate or eliminate them entirely. You will ensure that our company remains fully compliant with relevant policies and Bank of Tanzania regulations. As a Risk and Compliance Manager, you’ll be expected to show strong leadership and organizational skills and have expert-level knowledge of applicable compliance practices. You also need to have prior experience working in Risk Management or a compliance-related role.
As Risk and compliance manager, you shall be able to support in the identification and effective management of risks to the mortgage loan origination, processing, sanction, disbursement, portfolio & document management and customer service, and ensuring that effective control environment exists and actively managed in order to reduce operational losses and improve Business-Operating Effectiveness.
|Job Title:||Risk and Compliance Manager|
|Reporting to:||Chief Executive Officer ,|
|Location:||Dar Es Salaam ^|
Duties & Responsibilities – Risk and Compliance Manager
- To assume overall responsibility for the mortgage loan portfolio with minimal riskand ensure highest quality of the process standards and compliances at all times, including critical oversight of all aspects of credit & operations management.
- To track, monitor, escalate and report deficiencies at any time that may cause loss to the company.
- To submit prescribed reports at monthly, quarterly or at any such periodicity as may be called upon to the management, Board committees, as per the mortgage policy or whenever called upon by the management and Board Committees to do so.
- To develop structures/framework for the population of losses/loss events.
- Presentation of risk based reports on various products, processes, activities, systems and external events to management.
- Development of structures for establishment of the risk appetite for the company, setting of risk tolerance limits and key risk indicators.
- Develop & maintain an effective relationship at the appropriate level with the Business with a view to embedding effective risk management processes.
- Ensure regular dialogue with senior management to review the current risk profile for their business area.
- Provide guidance and support to the Business in raising awareness and understanding of operational risk and governance. This may involve making presentations/training sessions to staff, as well as coaching and informal training as required.
- Provide guidance and support to the Business in advance of internal (and occasional external) audits.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by your
Work Experience and Skills
- University Degree (Bachelor’s) in Finance; Banking, Accounting, Business Administration/Commerce, Economics or related discipline, preferably with other related professional qualifications.
- Formal qualification such as, CPA, CIA, CRMP, is an added advantage.
- Risk management and control techniques (e.g. Risk assessment, auditing, control design)
- Communication and influencing skills, involving staff at all levels of seniority
- Facilitation skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Service excellence
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Team player
Method of ApplicationQualified candidates to Send CV and application letter to: [email protected]
Deadline: Monday – 04th September 2023 at 05:00pm.