Rigger at BESIX Ballast Nedam
- Company: BESIX Ballast Nedam
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Tanzania
BESIX BALLAST NEDAM (BBN) LIMITED JOB ADVERTISMENT – Rigger
BESIX Ballast Nedam (BBN) Limited, the CONTRACTOR for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction of the Jetty and Load Out Facilities in the Tanga Bay for the East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Project, invites job application for Rigger.
|EACOP – Jetty & Loading Out Facility
|BESIX Ballast Nedam Limited (BBN)
|December 2023 to July 2025
Purpose and scope of assignment
The main objective of the rigger is to move heavy equipment or machinery to the required location without causing any form of damage to the load being transported, property, or individuals. This include lifting and moving heavy equipment and materials, using motorized or manual devices, and observing safety rules and procedures.
- Aligning, leveling, and anchoring machinery.
- Attaching loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving with the use of hand and power tools.
- Ensuring that rigging equipment is dismantled and properly stored after use.
- Carrying out tests on rigging equipment occasionally to ensure safety and reliability.
- Communicating with workers that are engaged in the process of hoisting and moving loads, to ensure the safety of workers and materials.
- Ensuring that all work scope is completed safely.
- Strictly adhering to safety regulations and precautions.
- Overseeing the process of tearing down, cleaning, and storing of any rigging equipment or machinery used in moving.
Job qualification, experience and skills.
Applicant should possess the following.
- At least Secondary School Education with specialized training in rigging systems and practices.
- Training certificate from Institute of Heavy Equipment and Technology (IHET) is necessary.
- Previous experience especially for offshore works is an added advantage.
- Physical fitness and must have the physical capacity to lift or position heavy loads.
- Well-developed communication and teamwork skills since tasks depends on team work.
- Concern for safety for avoiding all foreseeable risks.
Method of ApplicationAll Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] (Max. Email & attachment size: 20 MBs and all attachments to be combined in a single document) on or before 20th December 2023, 17:00hrs.
NOTICE; NO HIRING AT THE GATE!!! PLEASE NOTE, if you are not contacted within 2 weeks after deadline date, consider your application unsuccessful.