Retention Services Assistant (2) at Amref Health Africa
- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
|Position:||Retention Services Assistant (2)|
|Work Station:||Simiyu and Mara|
|Reports to:||Regional Project Manager|
The focus of Retention Services Assistant is to strengthen referral and linkage from testing services to enrollment, retention in care and adherence to ART care, in respective region and districts with frequent working with trackers at that facility and Community level in tracing defaulters with close support, supervision and guidance from the Retention Officer.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the retention officer to support adherence and improve community support groups to support PLHIVs adherence to ART and TB medication.
- Provide linkage of PLHIV to the economic strengthening and life skills training
- Assist the retention Officer in the implementation of Community ART refill programs specifically on engagement of community health workers on tracing of defaulters to minimize the loss to follow up of pre- ART and ART clients through improving evidence linkages between health facilities and community.
- Assist the retention Officer to achieve agreed targets and outputs of HIV care at community and Facility
- Assist the retention Officer to collaborate with CHMTs to identify training, Mentorship and supportive supervision needs for trackers and Community health workers and organize basic and refresher trainings using currently recommended national curriculums.
- Assist the retention officer to make sure all facilities and Community ART drug pick up points have all the required documentation for tracing client’s movement and tthe registers are properly filled.
- Work with M&E on program monitoring, reporting, evaluation and documentation on weekly, monthly and quarterly bases using existing National/PEPFAR reporting tools
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Medical Field or Social Science A degree in Medical Field or Social Science is an added advantage Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills.
- At least 2 years of “hands on experience” in Facility or community-based program particularly HIV programs in an NGO which is active in health development.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage.
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees.
All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 07, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: [email protected] Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible” Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be discqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.