Retail MI & Analytics Manager at Exim Bank Tanzania
- Company: Exim Bank Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
REPORTING TO: Head Products & Revenue Assurance
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Retail MI and Analytics
DEPARTMENT: Retail Banking
REGION: Dar es Salaam
HOURS OF WORK:
5 pm Monday to Friday. Additional hours as required by workload.
1. PURPOSE OF JOB:
Reporting to Head Products and Revenue Assurance, the Manager MI & Analytics plays a crucial role in Business Performance and Planning. Incumbent has the responsibility of providing daily accurate information on business direction through planning
and driving MI processes interpretation of business performance data both financial and non-financial to Retail Team.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Driving Business Direction – Analytics, data mining MI and performance related analysis.
• Supports in developing the retail banking strategy through provision of insightful strategic analysis on financial performance trends, sales productivity analysis, co-ordination of periodic commentaries from function/division heads, economic analysis and such other relevant macro trend analysis.
• Identify business opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Coordinates compilation for the retail segment financial plans/budgets (RAF/STP and MTP) including analytical support of the budget drivers and processes of the plans for the specific Consumer businesses in connection with the budget owners.
• Challenges retail functional budgets to smaller unit levels thereby ensuring that they are realistic and stretching and makes recommendations on functional targets to the Division heads/Director.
• Manages the retail banking segment budgets and financial performance including Income, Cost and Balance Sheet streams highlighting material variances and reporting regularly to the Retail Director, with recommendations for timely strategic actions.
• Performs segmented Analysis on functions portfolios in connection with senior analysts, finance and product teams and provides recommendation report on potential business cost/income alignments and/or expansion areas within existing Consumer business portfolios thereby influencing strategic plans.
• Analyze monthly PMS/OSAB (Outstanding, Satisfactory, Average and Below average) and Vintage analysis of Sales Officers
Performance and payments.
• To provide accurate and timely analysis of the Retail business performance, aimed at identifying root causes of variances to budgets and forecasts.
• Maintain a clear and objective view of business performance through accurate monthly flash/ forecast, (Dashboards)
• Analyse monthly P&L reports from finance to identify any anomality’s and income leakages.
• Analyse, provide feedback and update on different sales campaigns.
Business Management & MI Development
• Prepare and circulate all in country Retail daily MIS with appropriate commentaries to all stake holders
• Collate and analyse Retail performance Monthly data with appropriate commentary and recommendations to drive exceptional business performance.
• Supports the functional and segment managers on designing and managing business processes that minimizes income leakages and assist in reviewing business processes to achieve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
• Manages and co-ordinates the income collection and cost reduction rigour processes including monitoring of actioning Interest
Reports and general pricing monitoring of Consumer products.
3. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High degree of knowledge and familiarity with statistical techniques and analytical tools.
• Intimate knowledge and familiarity with Consumer banking business, products, customers, bb/sheet and P & L.
• Experienced and knowledgeable on banking technology and businesses (particularly those supporting BI/DW/MI) and able to quickly assess impact of challenges, change requests etc. to cost and service.
• Excellent Analytical and problem solving skills with strong experience of gathering business requirements and facilitating
Joint Application Delivery (JAD) session.( Level: Do and check)
• Proactive self-starter; adept at self-management, able to learn new skills and gain technical experience where skill and knowledge gaps have been identified
4. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• University degree in Actuarial Science, Business Administration, Statistics or Economics and relevant professional qualifications in banking, finance, or marketing.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in a similar position
• Computer literacy and knowledge of new evolving technology systems
Method of ApplicationTo apply, please send your CV along with all academic certificates to [email protected] with the subject line: JOB APPLICATION: Retail MI & Analytics Manager
Deadline: 17th October, 2023.
(Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)