Restoring family links field officer at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Company: International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kibondo Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
ICRC Dar es salaam Mission in Tanzania is looking for an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of: Restoring family links field officer 1–short term contract (kibondo)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Mission in Dar es salaam co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kibondo and Dar es salaam Tanzania.
The Restoring Family Links (RFL) Field Officer is responsible for the implementation of activities in relation to Restoring Family Links in Tanzania for civilian population as well as migrants in places of detention. The incumbent works jointly with the ICRC RFL team in providing technical advice and timely follow-up of the joint implementation of RFL services with the Tanzania Red Cross Society. When/if required, they support detention visits conducted by ICRC Tanzania.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assists the line manager and other colleagues in carrying out RFL activities;
- Participates to the monitoring/facilitation of the implementation of the RFL activities done by the Tanzanian Red Cross Society (TRCS) in the Western Corridor;
- Contributes to the coherent application of the ICRC Protection guidelines (RFL and Child Protection in particular) in ICRC supported RFL program of TRCS;
- Pro-actively collects relevant information related to the situation in the area of intervention on RFL and Child Protection matters and their consequences;
- Prepares the transfer of children in eventual cross border family reunifications and supports TRCS in intercamp family reunifications;
- Contributes to Identifying the main RFL patterns, trends, and issues relating to RFL activities in the Western Corridor;
- In coordination with the Nairobi Data Manager, promotes and ensures the quality data-management system (Prot6 data controls and checking);
- Carries out data processing of Protection information: contributes to the definition of Prot6 data entry procedures and may be asked to update or review working procedures;
- Ensures data entry compliance with the data entry procedures as defined in the relevant Prot6 database data entry procedures;
- Translates from Kirundi/Swahili/other languages to English and vice versa for the Head of Office and other colleagues upon request;
- Assists in the planning and implementing of meetings, seminars and training workshops;
- Manages routine secretariat duties, including correspondence, bordereaux, reporting and filling for the well function of RFL activities;
- Supports the TRCS in the consolidation of statistics;
- Supports the TRCS in the appropriate filing of cases and confidential documents;
- Contributes to the follow-up of the implementation of TRCS RFL activities and financial returns;
- Responsible for archiving diligently the documents in the ICRC Tracing Archive for beneficiaries followed by the RFL programme in Tanzania;
- Assists with developing and maintaining a network of relevant interlocutors at his/her level in the Western Corridor (civilian authorities, civil society, protection NGOs etc.);
- Contributes to the development and the consolidation of TRCS contacts and networks with RFL and Child Protection actors in the field;
- With the help from RFL Delegate and other staff, represents and promotes the ICRC’s mandate and mission during activities, with interlocutors and beneficiaries.
Minimum required knowledge & experience
- University degree in Law, Human Rights, Sociology, Social Work, Education etc. or related field;
- Minimum O level with relevant Diploma in Law, Human Rights, Sociology, Social Work;
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Previous working experience with International Organizations (preferred);
- Experience or qualifications in data management /information management;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel and Power Point.
Method of ApplicationThe interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 19th August 2022 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to, HR Department via the email address provided below:
This position is open to Nationals with resident permit in Tanzania and have a work permit. ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained HERE.