Resource Centre Intern at UONGOZI Institute
- Company: UONGOZI Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done through the provision of high-quality executive education, facilitation of policy dialogues, action-oriented research and advisory services for public and private institutions.
The Institute’s Resource Centre (RC) is a knowledge hub that offers a rich selection of informational materials on leadership and sustainable development. Housed in the
Institute’s offices in Dodoma and Dar es Salaam, it has a wide range of users, including leaders, researchers, development practitioners, higher learning students and the general public. At the Institute, it plays an essential role in designing and refining programmes under the Executive Education and Research and Policy departments.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
The successful candidate will support the coordination of activities of the RC in Dodoma, reporting directly to the Knowledge Management Officer.
This role exposes fresh graduates to knowledge and information tools, as well as administrative and marketing tasks. It involves:
- Cataloguing and classifying of publications through computer software.
- Stock-taking and updating of the RC information materials.
- Assisting users with their queries, such as locating relevant resources in electronic and physical formats.
- Registering new members and updating members’ details in the RC database.
- Keeping the RC members informed on new literature materials and/or updates.
- Participating in exhibitions at events by the Institute and/or partners.
- Overseeing the check-out and check-in processes for all RC materials.
Duration and Work Schedule
The selected Intern will be provided with a threemonth contract with the possibility of extension under certain conditions. Some assignments will involve travelling.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in library and information science or related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and internet search tools.
- Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
Method of ApplicationJoin our team by submitting an application via [email protected] with the subject line “Resource Centre Intern” by 19 March 2023, at 05:00 PM (EAT). The application should include a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer committed to strengthening the diversity of its workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE