Reservations Manager at Four Season Hotels
- Company: Four Season Hotels
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
This position will be partially based at the Lodge in the Serengeti so should be comfortable with remote single living. There is schedule of 11 weeks on and 2 weeks off so have an opportunity to go home and see family every 11 weeks.
Due to Work Permit restrictions in Tanzania we can only consider Tanzanian nationals for this role. We will not be replying to non Tanzanian applications.
1. Direct reservations activities of the lodge to achieve budgeted goals; understanding and applying the principles of occupancy and rate to achieve maximum yield.
2. Revenue management functions as would be required at the Lodge based around existing business trends, business segmentation & technology on property etc
3. The ability to assume responsibility for the execution of the Reservation Department’s policies and procedures and manage the daily operation.
4. To maintain maximum occupancy within the lodge, avoiding overbooked situations and maintaining the correct guest mix.
5. To allocate duties and delegate work within the department continuously monitoring the progress and ensuring that all work is kept up to date.
6. Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance so prompt and corrective action can be taken as appropriate.
7. To deal with any complaints in the area of his or her responsibility, to investigate all pertinent details, to report findings to management and to take the necessary steps to avoid a re-occurrence.
8. To check each day’s arrival list one week in advance to ensure all reservations are secure and reconfirm where necessary. To check them again two days in advance to ensure, reconfirm where necessary and ensure all are properly filed.
9. The ability to control all villa reservations in conjunction with the Front Office Manager and ensure special handling of top corporate clients, VIPs, and return guests.
10. To control the free sale of all reservations to the Lodge’s best advantage regarding the amount of reservations that are commissionable.
11. To work closely with the Sales and Marketing Department to coordinate and control the number of group bookings, handle group bookings, maintain files, trace cut off dates, follow up on special instructions, and assist with and oversee groups.
12. To identify and be aware of all major events throughout the coming year which may affect any new projects or changes within the lodge and communicate them to WRO, Sales Representatives and Reservations staff.
13. To attend all departmental meetings, to chair the Reservations Meeting on a monthly basis and to hold additional briefings as required.
14. The ability to prepare and distribute occupancy and revenue forecasts and keep all department heads well informed of any unexpected changes in levels of business.
15. To work closely with the Front Office Manager in connection with future availability, budgets and weekly forecasts.
16. Develop demand trend tables and charts by market segment to support forecast projections.
17. Initiate performance measurements and regular revenue related analysis. Maintain forecast reliability by constantly measuring accuracy.
18. Develop reports based on customer stay records data to identify current and emerging buying trends; e.g. Lead Time Analysis, Price Point Production, Room Type Upgrades and Up-sells, etc.
19. Provide Monthly Marketing Diagnostic Reports.
20. The ability to handle and maintain accurate records on and monitor pick-up, cancellations, no-shows, and sources of reservations.
21. The ability to create and maintain individual rate codes for each negotiated account as established by the Sales Department.
22. The ability to establish and maintain the rate code conversion tables between PMS and WRO system.
23. In coordination with the DOSM introduce Yielding tactics to manage demand patterns, including developing periodic Transient and Group Selling Strategies.
24. Update the property management system with room and rate restrictions to optimize yield.
25. Manage Delphi Yield System with transient protected rooms and updated Minimum Available Rates.
26. The ability to lead/manage the forecast & management meetings held with the Sales and Marketing Department.
27. Maintain all lodge distribution channels are in compliance with rate parity and rate integrity disciplines.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd January, 2021.