Research on disability inclusion in the Future Makers at VSO
- Company: VSO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Location Various Countries
Contract type Consultant Agreement
Contract length Pat time. approx 20 days during June and July 2023
Application Closing Date 01 May 2023
Interview date To be confirm
Start date As soon as possible
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
We are looking for consultant researcher to build robust evidence and learn on approaches and strategies towards disability inclusion in VSO livelihoods interventions.
The research will be conducted between June and July 2023 and will be visually managed as one research in Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia.
Ideal Applicant Summary
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience of undertaking multi country research and data collection
• Experience in designing approaches and tools for research.
• Experience in orienting and training teams online on tools and methodology required for the research.
• Experience of working virtually and coordinating field level data collection
• Experience of undertaking data collection with beneficiaries and conducting analysis and reporting
• Experience of working on issues of livelihoods in specific youth entreprenurship and enterprise and social inclusion
• Experience of working on issues of disability inclusion in development
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
How to apply
Complete the registration form below. When you have completed the form, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to our VSO Values self-assessment. This is a module designed to give you an insight into VSO’s ethos and provide you with an understanding of how your values align with ours, helping you to decide if you would like to join our organisation. The self-assessment module typically takes about 10 minutes to complete.
After completing the VSO Values self-assessment, you can opt out or proceed with the application process. You will need to upload your CV in Word or PDF format detailing your employment and educational history, and any volunteering experience. Please note that you will need to complete the full application form in one go as you cannot save it to fill at a later time.
When you have submitted your application, you will receive an email inviting you to complete two assessments which focus on how you process information and what your work approach is.
You will be shown instructions and example questions prior to the assessments to help you increase your familiarity with them. You will also have access to a short profile report on completion of the assessment. Your application will be reviewed by our Resourcing Team when you have completed these assessments.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th April, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE