Research Officer – PanACEA Project at Ifakara Health Institute
- Company: Ifakara Health Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Research Officer (1 post)
Reports To: Principal Investigator/Project Leader
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: March 15, 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for a Research Officer to fill a vacant position in the PanACEA II project. The research officer will work as a medical doctor at the TB clinic to do investigation, recruit and provide medication to study participants in the cohort.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in clinical research study as per research
- Develop SOPs in collaboration with the principal
- Participate in screening of the
- Enroll patients to the study after
- Manage patients in the process of
- Identify and manage any adverse and severe event of study
- Provide counseling to participants on psychosocial
- Make follow up of the
- Maintain appropriate working relationships among the hospital staff and IHI
- Perform any other job-related duties assigned by the principal
Qualification and Experience
- Doctor of Medicine/Medical Doctor (MD)/Bachelor of
- Two-year experience in clinical
- Patient Management
- Ability to work under minimum supervision but also within a
- Excellent attention to
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
- Good interpersonal and communication
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationAll candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters through e- mail together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on the 15th of March 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH OFFICER – PanACEA. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Human Resources Manager,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
Dar es Salaam
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 March 2021