Research Officer – EDRP, Dar at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI)
- Company: Ifakara Health Institute (IHI)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Research Officer (1 post)
Reports To: Principal Investigator/Project Leader
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: February 16, 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara Health Institute seeks a qualified and experienced Research Officer. The Officer will join the Epidemic Detection & Response Project (EDRP) which is mandated to develop and strengthen the required capacity for local scientists as well as to work on machine learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), software programming, and data management & analysis-related projects. The Officer will be responsible to annotate the satellite imagery and support the validation of burial sites and provide any support that might be required for the execution of the project, and also to learn the implementation of the machine learning algorithm architecture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute different data science tasks in relation to health while acquiring the required skills.
- Participate in training in order to understand the biology of infectious diseases (endemic and pandemic).
- Work on data management and analysis related to studies.
- Work on several projects to acquire skills in computer programming, machine learning, and AI.
- Participate in the grant application to support master’s programs.
- Provide support to undertake different reviews related to infectious disease modelling projects.
- Participate in writing reports, scientific manuscripts, and other outputs to disseminate results in technical working groups, and in local & international conferences.
- Assist with any other duties as directed by the Principal Investigator.
Qualification and Experience
- Holder of BA or BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Mathematics, Health Informatics or any other related discipline.
- Experience in Intermediate Statistics and programming.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in data analysis packages, e.g., Python, STATA, R, MATLAB.
• Proficiency in statistical software (R is a plus).
• Strong data management and data analysis skills.
• Efficient communication skills; spoken and written English, with good presentation skills.
• Experience in developing web-based database applications.
• Ability to work independently, within interdisciplinary teams, and as part of a team on large research projects.
• Must have the ambition to join an MSc program in a related field.
• Experience in developing mobile applications.
• Experience in publishing in international peer-reviewed journals is a plus.
• Adhere to Ifakara’s core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationAll candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Thursday, February 16th, 2023. All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH OFFICER – EDRP. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE #5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Email: [email protected]
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE