Research Officer at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI)
Welcome to JobwebTanzania.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Tanzania. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Ifakara Health Institute (IHI)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
Ifakara health institute (IHI) in collaboration with Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) is undertaking a project titled “Using peer support in developing empowering mental health services (UPSIDES)”.
The major aim of UPSIDES is to replicate and scale-up peer support interventions for people with severe mental illness, generating evidence of sustainable best practice in high-, middle- and low- resource settings. The project is being implemented in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
IHI is looking for a Research Officer to work with a multidisciplinary team of the UPSIDES project to coordinate implementation of research activities in Dar es Salaam.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Liaise with project coordinator in supporting and supervising the overall implementation of the study.
- Assist the project team in the recruitment and selection of Peer Support Workers.
- Assist in orientation and training of Peer Support Workers.
- Perform day to day supervision of Peer Support Workers.
- Participate in team and consortium meetings.
- Undertake project implementation activities including data collection, analysis and report writing.
- Participate in the development and submission of grant proposals.
- Initiate scientific writing and contribute to papers for publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Assist with the submission of study protocol for institutional and national ethics approvals.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor degree in Psychology / Clinical Psychology / Social Sciences / Public Health.
• Prior experience in working with people with mental illness.
• Prior experience in analysing quantitative and qualitative data is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
• Excellent verbal communication and active listening skills
• Attention to details.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Have passion in working with people with mental illness.
• Basic computer skills.
• Report writing skills.
• Ability to work autonomously and in teams, and in a multi-cultural work environment.
• Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
How to Apply
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. The deadline for this application is 1700hrs, October 1, 2019. All e-mail application subject lines should read: RESEARCH OFFICER (UPSIDES). Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Human Resources Manager, Ifakara Health Institute, Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni, P. o. Box 78373, Dar es Salaam. Email: [email protected]