Research Officer- (4) at Ifakara Health Institute
- Company: Ifakara Health Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Research Officer- (4-posts)
Reports To: Field supervisor/Project leader
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: June 24th 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara is looking for a qualified and experienced individuals to fill the vacant positions of Research Officers who will work as Field Interviewers in Lindi region. The Research Officer will be required to collect qualitative data for iPTI project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect data for iPTI project (feasible and acceptability module).
- Conduct in depth interviewers (Health facility, Community and District level).
- Conduct Focus group Discussions (community).
- Ensure accuracy of data collected.
- Follow all research ethics.
- Transcript and translation of data collected.
- Perform any additional task by the PL and/or site director of IHI and/or director of SFDRH when necessary.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor degree of social sciences or any related qualifications from recognized Institution.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in qualitative research and data collection.
Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in both Swahili and English.
- Computer skills.
- Skills in qualitative collection and data management (collection, handling and record keeping).
- Excellent skills in problem solving and team work.
- Effective communication skills.
- Professional attitude with high level of integrity.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Good command on the use of electronic gadgets (Tape recorder and Tablet).
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationAll candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below. The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Thursday the 24th of June 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: Research Officer- IPTI qualitative.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected] Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.