Research Offer – CDCI, Ifakara at Ifakara Health Institute
- Company: Ifakara Health Institute
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
|Position:||Research Officer (1- post)|
|Reports to:||Project leader|
|Apply By:||August 1st 2021|
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifajara is looking for a qualified and experienced individual to fill a vacant position of Research Officer who will work as a medical doctor at CDCI Cohort which is run in collaboration with Ifakara Health Institute and Saint Francis Referral Hospital (SFRH) in Ifakara. The research officer will be required to treat, evaluate, diagnose and manage patients with HIV and or tuberculosis in the in- and outpatient facilities of the SFRH. The officer will also be required to deliver improved services in collaboration with the hospital, governmental authorities and collaborate within the existing research platform of the Kilombero and Ulanga Antiretroviral Cohort (KIULARCO) to develop an own research agenda and research project(s).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Treat PLHIV and/or Tuberculosis according to National Guidelines for Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS and TB, Standard Treatment Guidelines, and Local guidelines.
- Diagnose and treat opportunistic infections (OI) and/or referral to appropriate departments.
- Maintain proper patient documentation, filling of case report forms (CRF) including CTC 1/2.
- Consultation and ward rounds to PLHIV admitted to different departments at SFDRH.
- Working in full agreement with the job descriptions; CDCI, Hospital, and government (MOHSW) regulations.
- Provide health education and adherence counseling to PLHIV and clients attending CDCI.
- Attend all compulsory meetings on Monday, to Friday at CDCI clinic and SFDRH clinical ha.
- Attend scientific meetings at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI).
- Contribution in planning, coordination, and performance of research activities/studies organized by IHI and other partners.
- Any additional task by the PL and/or site director of IHI and/or director of SFDRH when necessary.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) / Bachelor of Medicine.
- Certificate of Internship.
Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in both Swahili and English.
- Interest in TB/HIV.
- High motivation for research activities.
Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- capable of building and sustaining relationships with senior professionals.
- Planning and organizing.
- Professional attitude to work and clear work ethics.
- Result orientated.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI I schemes of service.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationAll candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters through e- mail together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Sunday, the 1st of August 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: Research Officer – CDCI.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected] Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.