Research Assistant at Shirika La Nyumbu (Tatc)
- Company: Shirika La Nyumbu (Tatc)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Pwani Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Shirika La Nyumbu (Tatc)
Tanzania Automotive Technology Centre (TATC), synonymously known as “Shirika la Nyumbu”, was formally established on the 14th December 1985, through a Presidential Order, made under the Public Corporations Act 1969. TATC’s mission is to develop a reputable capacity for automotive engineering by conducting research and innovation, technology transfer and quality assurance services.
TATC is wholly owned by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Ministry of Defenceeee and National Service (MoDNS).
TATC seeks to recruit, intelligent and result-oriented Tanzanians with high integrity, to fill the following vacancies:-
RESEARCH ASSISTANT – 1 POST
Reports to: Chief Research Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determination of appropriate materials for automotive engineering application
- Engineering products and system failure investigation
- Rehabilitation of engineering systems and processes for improved productivity
- Conducting consultancy works related to engineering research
- Conducting analysis on disposition of sub-standard materials such as downgrading, reprocessing or scraping
- The use of computer Aided Engineering in project development and promotion
- Preparation of computer programmes
- Preparation of artistic impressions of new concepts and products.
Fresh graduates with 1st Degree at least Upper 2nd class or equivalent qualifications in Mechanical Engineering (BSc. Mech Eng) from recognized Institution of higher Learning.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Applicants must attach an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- The title of the position applied for, should be written in the subject of the application letter marked on the envelope.
- Applicant must attach their relevant certified copies of academic certificates, one recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
- Applicants who currently employed in the Public Service should route the application letters through their respective employers.
- Application letter should be written in Swahili or English
- Application should be sent to the undersigned not later than 6th May, 2020 at 3.30 pm
Method of Application
The Director General, Private Bag, Nyumbu – Kibaha, PWANI. Tel: 0738 341 330 / 0738 309 363
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date of interview Renumeration according to TATC Scheme of Service.