Research Assistant at REPOA
- Company: REPOA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
REPOA is an independent policy research institution established in 1994 to undertake research, capacity building, and policy engagement on various aspects of economic growth and human development. It is one of the leading research organization in Tanzania, and among the top Think Tanks in Sub-Saharan Africa. REPOA is currently implementing a two-year multi-sectored, multi-layered collaborative programme aiming to enhance Tanzania’s trade competitiveness and diversification. The programme focuses on the five value chains of logistics, leather, horticulture, rice, and seaweed.
For the purposes of implementing this programme, REPOA is currently seeking applications from qualified individuals to fill the position of a Research Assistant focusing on Trade Policy Analysis
The Research Assistant is expected to carry out trade policy research and analyses as part of a multidisciplinary team of researchers and in line with REPOA’s research programme and its mandate.
Summary of duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical inputs and support to the team of researchers working on trade in the five value chains of logistics, leather, horticulture, rice, and seaweed;
- Assist in the development of concept notes and research proposals for various research projects;
- Provide technical inputs and support in the development of appropriate research design/methodology for various research projects;
- Develop training programmes on research methodologies, policy analysis, and writing skills and mobilize resources for their implementation
- Train research assistants, assistant researchers and manage fieldworks to ensure quality and effective data collection and processing for various research assignments;
- Lead and participate in project teams for various research projects and studies as delegated by the heads of research departments;
- Participate in selective and strategic policy forums and networking events, both within the country and outside the country (regional, and international);
- Participate in various committees formed by the government of Tanzania and other development agencies at national, regional and global levels as shall be deemed strategic to the institution’s mandate;
- Provide input to REPOA strategic planning, annual planning, and monitoring of results;
- Ensure monitoring tools and relevant indicators at project levels are in place implemented for purposes of assessing the operational effectiveness, outcomes and impact of the research work.
- Undertake publications of policy briefs, working papers, journals and books in the relevant areas of specialization and associated research projects;
- A masters’degree in social sciences or other relevant field with a minimum of three years of experience in an academic or research organization, and at least two publications in recognized and reputable forum.
- A recent PhD will also be considered for this post.
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam but with high likelihood of regional travel Remuneration
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the qualified applicant in line with REPOA’s scheme of service.
The position will be on contract of six months, with the possibility of renewal.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to apply and should send their typed application letter clearly marked “Application for Trade Policy Research Assistant” and detailed CV including three referees to the addressee below by 30th June 2020.
The Executive Director, REPOA
157 Mgombani/REPOA Streets, Regent Estate
P.O. Box 33223, Dar es Salaam
Phone: (22) 2700083 / 0784 555 655
Fax: (22) 2775738
Email: [email protected]
Only selected applicants who meet the above requirements will be considered for an interview. Those who do not hear from REPOA two weeks after the expiry date should consider themselves unsuccessful.
REPOA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.