Research and Innovation Intern at Uwezo Tanzania
- Company: Uwezo Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Opportunity – Research and Innovation Intern
Who we are?
Uwezo Tanzania is a registered independent NGO under NGO Act No. 24 of 2002 with registration number 00NGO/R/09001. Uwezo meaning “capability” in Swahili.
Uwezo’s main function has been to generate data and curate evidence on actual literacy and numeracy competency levels among children aged 6-16 years in a manner that informs the public, stimulates countrywide debate, and creates pressure for policy change from the bottom-up. Uwezo has also used the assessment evidence to experiment and conduct innovative interventions that demonstrate what works to improve learning outcomes especially on literacy and numeracy skill.
Where are we located?
We are at 85k Suites, Kinondoni Rd, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, for more information visit our website, www.uwezotanzania.or.tz
Research and Innovation Intern – Job description
- Knowledge of computer application software including Microsoft office (word, excel, and database)
- Well understanding on research tools including mobile apps like Kobo collect, Google form, computer software for both qualitative and quantitative packages like SPSS, STATA, NVIVO
- Experience and have research skills for assessment tools development, data collections skills, analysis and report writing.
- Good English speaking and writing skills.
- Flexibility to cope in a new situation, confidence and creative thinking
- Able to facilitate and lead a team
- Good English and Swahili speaking and writing skills.
General tasks: Support Uwezo Tanzania activities as guided by the responsible officer and the Executive Director while being proactive to learn for professional development.
- Support on development of research assessment tools for children age 5-16 years and adult age 16-18 years
- Support in to conduct training for data collectors/ volunteers
- Monitor data collection process in the field
- Assist in translation of assessment tools and contextualize the tools to fit expected objectives
- Set up tablets with mobile apps for data collections
- Communicate with partners to guide on implementing program as guided by Uwezo Tanzania policy and regulations
- Review financial retirement report and work report submitted
Method of ApplicationKindly send your application Letter and Curriculum Vitae through [email protected] Deadline for Application:
The deadline for application for this position is 4th August, 2021. Only successfully applicants will be contacted.
Vacancy is open to Tanzanian nationals only.