Requestor/Material Planner at Diageo
- Company: Diageo
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits). It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the second largest listed company on the Nairobi stock exchange. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Guinness, Tusker Lager, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Purpose Of Role
The role is meant to cater for all needs of the packaging/brewing and utilities/engineering services at the Dar plant. The person is expected to work hand in hand with packaging Team, Brewing Team for all materials and components and the engineers and technicians on site to ensure all their fuel and tools needs are fulfilled and report the same to the Stores Supervisor on site.
- To receive and issue engineering spares and equipment received at the plant.
- To check materials being received against documentation to ensure all items are correct and report any variances.
- To ensure proper materials storage and handling.
- To receive and issue furnace oil and diesel to the Engineering Department at the plant as requested.
- To ensure stock levels for the fuels (HFO and diesel as well as lubricants) is well maintained at the plant.
- To conduct periodic stock takes as required for all the engineering spares and fuels at the plant.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Procurement and Supply management or Procurement and Logistics management from any recognizable Institution or other related courses.
- Sound experience of at least one year.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, gender, disability, religion or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22 Feb. 2021