7 Feb 2024
Relationship Manager SME – Sinza Branch at Bank Of Africa
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Bank Of Africa
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Reports to: Branch Manager
Department: Commercial Banking
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develop, expand and maintain a portfolio of retail clients for the Elite Banking, to achieve set budgets within overall bank objectives.
- Monitors risk and ensures debt collection
- Improve and updates customer & prospect database
- Lead a team of Relationship Officers to achieve set targets
Scope of Duties:
- Acquire new customers (high net-worth affluent individuals) as per the criteria outlined in the segment value proposition and reflected by the country segment strategy and sales targets.
- Pro-actively identify cross-sell opportunities within own portfolio of customers to maximize life cycle opportunities. Be guided by the segment value proposition and sales targets as to what the priority products are both from a bank and customer perspective.
- Conduct a needs analysis with all new and existing customers to ensure that product opportunities identified are appropriate to meet the customer’s needs and priorities.
- Comprehensively explore customers’ short and long term financial goals/aspirations and keep up to date with changes in the financial needs and financial position of customers.
- Appreciate the implications of the customers’ lifecycle position and priorities.
- Conduct a comprehensive calling/contact management programm for all customers within own portfolio supported by call reports that document the salient issues and future opportunities identified.
- Pro-actively manage the portfolio to maximize revenue for the Bank (referring to fees, margins and sales), minimize costs and risks, whilst maintaining and entrenching the customer’s relationship with the Bank appropriately.
- Ensure that the Customer is central to the entire life cycle approach of maximizing sustainable value adds to both the Customer and the Bank.
- Establish, build and strengthen one-on-one relationships with customers, based on mutual respect, to retain customers and gain word-of-mouth referrals.
- Place equal emphasis on investment (non-borrowing) and borrowing customers Commitment to Service excellence and superior service delivery aligned to SLA’s and turnaround time commitments.
- Ensure that customers are appropriately educated regarding the value of using self-service channels (Internet Banking, ATMs & Mobile Banking) to empower customers and minimize adhoc service requests. Assist with migration facilitation the migration of customers to self-service channels where appropriate.
- Ensure that customers are well informed with regards to lending application processes (e.g. vehicle finance, home loans, overdraft, credit card, personal loans, e.t.c), credit maintenance processes (e.g. annual reviews) and account conduct expectations (e.g. minimum account balances, provision for debit orders and cheque payments, e.t.c.).
- Clearly and transparently inform customers of contract/account terms and conditions, fees, rates and commissions where applicable. Be prepared to articulate the value added if challenged on pricing.
- Ensure that qualifying customers (as defined by the Country segment value proposition) are timeously migrated from the Branch to the Private Banking Suite.
- Retain ownership of customer requests, complaints and applications – follow every task through to completion keeping the customer updated on progress.
- Ascertain when customers require specialist advice and arrange appropriate introductions with specialists. Generate and pass on leads. Follow up to ensure that the customer is satisfied with the service received.
- Interact frequently and build strong working relationships with enabler and fulfillment functions (including credit specialists, product specialists and wealth specialists) to shorten turnaround times and SLA’s are adhered to.
- Manage credit and operational risks in accordance with laid down policies and procedures.
Technical Know How:
- Understanding of the high net-worth individual and affluent market – typical profile, lifestyle, financial needs, etc.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of segment value proposition.
- Sound knowledge of all products and channels relevant to this market, including qualifying criteria, product/channel features and benefits, pricing, product/channel combination possibilities and efficient product usage through self-service channels.
- Understanding of the bank’s products in respect of service level agreements and the bank’s service provision networks.
- Understanding of which products are most required by high net-worth individuals and/or most beneficial to this market as well as appreciation of which products are most profitable to the bank.
- Knowledge of equivalent competitor products and services.
- Working knowledge of BANK OF AFRICA – TANZANIA strategy, country strategy and segment strategy.
- Knowledge of local market environment and financial issues that may impact portfolio.
- Working knowledge of bank systems.
- Thorough understanding of credit principles as well as application and maintenance processes.
Competences, Knowledge & Experience:
- Relevant University Degree.
- 3 years banking experience, preferably dealing with high net-worth individuals in a portfolio context.
- Strong sales background.
- Experienced in upholding the highest levels of service.
- Experience in completing credit applications successfully.
Method of ApplicationAll the applicants should submit their application letter, CV and Certificates not later than 12th February 2024 to email: [email protected]
OR THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
BANK OF AFRICA – TANZANIA
NDC DEVELOPMENT HOUSE
OHIO / KIVUKONI STREET
P.O Box 3054
DAR ES SALAAM
NOTE: We shall communicate to only successful candidates who will meet all the requirements above.