Relationship Manager: Islamic Banking at National Bank Of Commence (NBC)
- Company: National Bank Of Commence (NBC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
To provide advice and support in the development and implementation of business development management planning and associated service delivery processes, methods and techniques; enabling the provision of sound business development expertise.
1. Business Management
- Collaborate with Manager Islamic Banking in reviewing and developing annual activity plans for Islamic business with clear objectives and goals to support the overall Bank’s strategic intent.
- Devise and manage initiatives for deposit mobilization initiatives for Islamic customers to ensure targeted growth in deposits is achieved.
- Together with credit unit, initiate, coordinate and conduct capacity building sessions to Branch members to ensure their performance is aligned with business goals and objectives
- Identify and negotiate Islamic business opportunities and develop specific plans to acquire business in order to increase Islamic business portfolio in line with business targets.
- Build, manage and enhance business relationships to ensure retention of customers in line with business needs
- Review periodically branch performance, analyze performance trends and communicate remedial/improvement strategies.
- Monitor Islamic business and advise prompt action to be taken by branches for delinquent cases.
- Market scan and analyze market conditions and competitor market analysis and develop customer focused campaigns to drive high performance.
- Create relationships with in-country colleagues and Regional Executives to ensure that the Islamic banking product set is being marketed in branches, and to ensure that sales leads are closed.
- Support Product Managers in the development and implementation of new Islamic banking products and services.
- Provide feedback to the Product Managers based on input received from the Islamic Banking team on market conditions and product deficiencies and potential improvements.
- Drive the development of specific sales campaigns together with marketing and product. Create recommendations for incentive plans to supplement this.
- Suggest and Recommend Islamic Banking STP and MTP
2. Financial Management
- The compulsory is expected to be the subject matter expert on all Islamic Banking strategies, policies and procedures and to act as expert source of information on all of these items to the bank.
- Identify and evaluate improvements in performance and present to the Manager Islamic along with recommendations.
- Communicate the overall annual performance targets to Branch Managers, as well as all other direct reports. Assist in developing individual targets for direct reports and provide information to Manager Islamic Banking.
- In cases where branches are falling behind agreed targets, assist them to develop improvement action plans, by providing detailed insight into practices that have been successfully implemented in other branches. Also assist in creating specific campaigns to improve performance.
3. Product Development
- Develop and maintain a product range of Islamic banking products to ensure customer requirements are met
- Ensure all Shari’ah compliance risks are addressed and reported to SAC along with the solutions during development of the new Shari’ah products.
- Ensure development of the new Shariah compliant products, all Shariah compliant risks are addressed and reported with the solutions after studying the ABSA group environment and system
4. Risk Management
- Assisting the Manager Islamic Banking and Shari’ah Advisory Committee (SAC) to ensure compliance including organizing SAC meetings, implement decisions, actions and Fatwas provided by Manager Islamic and SAC.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to close audit findings and ensure that all audit finding action plans are implemented and addressed.
- Ensure that principle risk within the Islamic business is well managed and reporting criteria is met and submitted to supervisor.
- Ensure that group data privacy and information security policies are embedded within the region
5. Job Qualification
5.1 Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor Degree or its equivalent and/or relevant professional in Islamic Banking and Finance, Marketing, Agri-business, Accounting or Finance
- 3 years of experience in Islamic banking /shariah law
- Have experience in applied Islamic banking and Islamic Products
- Experience and understanding Shari’ah risk management and Shari’ah reviews.
5.2 Other Relevant Competencies:
- Presentation skills & negotiation skills
- Business analysis skills
- Ability to organize and manage stakeholders engagements
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Persuading and influencing
- Selling and cross selling skills
- Risk Management
- Result oriented
Bachelor’s Degree – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Commercial mindset – Senior (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Customer Excellence – Service Delivery (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Effective communication – Basic (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Sales Management (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February , 2022.