20 Dec 2021
Relationship Manager; Corporate and SME Recoveries at National Merchant Bank
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: National Merchant Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Relationship Manager; Corporate and SME Recoveries (1 Position(s))
Job Location :
To coordinate and control relationship of Special assets that require a high degree of attention to minimize risks, prevent losses and restore profit through rehabilitation, restructuring, turnaround, workout and manage exit strategies.
- Manage recovery process through repossession, valuation and realization of security through appropriate means in order to maximize profitability.
- Monitor the Receiver/Receiver Manager’s performance and control of receivership expenses.
- Monitor implementation of agreed repayment plan and its adherence.
- Manage exit strategy for each account managed by the unit.
- Oversee and recommend allotment of debt for collection either by an external collector or internal legal counsel.
- Ensure NPL for SME/Corporate are adequate impaired/provisioned.
- Support the department to coordinate and control implementation of the bank’s recovery strategy for the account managed by the unit.
- Review cases to understand the issues surrounding the case, verify security held, and determine action plan.
- Carry out checks for the team follow ups on the productivity, benchmark on number of accounts per staff, calls per day, contacts, promises taken, promises kept and amount collected.
- To formulate rehabilitation action plans and strategies for all downgraded accounts so as to minimize bank’s risk
- To maintain and preserve Bank income streams where a turnaround can be achieved on a special asset.
- To establish partnerships with business unit and credit department leading to close collaboration and early identification of stressed assets.
- To provide professional business support aimed at resolving challenges faced by stressed clients.
- Management of impairment/provisions for non-performing loans.
- Good understanding of Banks loan products and its end to end credit process.
- Good knowledge of bank credit policies, procedures and systems
- Good Credit Appraisal, Restructuring Skills and Customer Relationship Skills.
- High degree of communication, negotiation and inter-personal skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Must have attention to details skills
- Good skills on Performance Management and effective risk management and be able to promote strong risk management culture Coaching skills
- Good communication skill
- Standard computer skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of University Degree/ Advance Diploma in Banking/Commerce (Accounting)/Economics/finance or equivalent qualifications from recognized higher learning institution
- Holder of CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage
- Banking experience of more than 3 years preferably in Special Asset Management/Business Support or Workout Unit in a Commercial Bank
- Good experience in asset management
Job opening date : 20-Dec-2021
Job closing date : 02-Jan-2022
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 2nd January , 2022.