Regulatory Compliance Specialist at Vodacom
- Company: Vodacom
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - Vodacom Jobs in Tanzania
Role Purpose & Key Responsibilities
- To support the Head of Risk & Compliance in ensuring compliance with industry specifications, standards, regulations and laws and embedded business risk management function to discharge their responsibilities relating to compliance monitoring and assurance as required by relevant regulatory requirements, applicable codes of conduct and minimum standards.
- To continuously monitor compliance with laws and regulations by the organisation and thereby facilitate the establishment of a compliance culture in the organisation that contributes to prudent risk management.
- Review operational practices, create and enforce compliance plans, and perform regulatory risk management in order to prevent regulatory fines or penalties through early identification of potential areas of non-compliance.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Utilise relevant input in formulating a flexible annual monitoring plan and Co-ordinate planning within the compliance department and other assurance providers to ensure efficient coverage of regulatory compliance risk.
- In alignment with methodology execute Regulatory Compliance reviews which are strategic, thematic and structural, to deliver the required level of assurance.
- Regularly follow-up on issues raised in reviews to ensure successful resolution of the remedial actions.
- Monitor (on an on-going basis) in conjunction with the combined assurance structure, the adherence to the Compliance Governance-, legal- and regulatory standards in order to identify further areas of improvement and detect significant compliance breaches and exposures.
- Understand the business to effectively identify and manage the risk areas from a monitoring perspective. Fostering and maintaining relationships with key assurance providers in the group and business
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes and developments in the regulatory environment
Competencies, Knowledge, Experience and Qualification
- Self-motivated, professional and able to maintain confidence when under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Legal or Audit qualifications
- Comprehensive understanding of the telecom and financial sector statutory, regulatory, and business environment.
- Minimum 3 years in the Compliance or audit function in an international bank or telecommunication.
- Exposure to monitoring / auditing principles
Not a perfect fit?
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 11th November, 2023.