Regional VMMC Technical/Quality Assurance Advisors x2 at APHFTA
- Company: APHFTA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position Title: Regional VMMC Technical/Quality Assurance Advisors (2)
Reports to: Regional Coordinator
Department: Programs Supervisory role:
None Location: APHFTA Regional offices
The Regional VMMC Technical Advisors will be responsible for quality of VMMC clinical services at the VMMC service sites in the respective regions. S/he will lead VMMC Project Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities in collaboration with other implementing partners. S/he will work closely with regional and council health teams to conduct regular routine clinical assessments and supervisory visits to VMMC sites and activities to strengthen clinical systems for the provision of a comprehensive HIV-prevention package including VMMC services. S/he will support and mentor VMMC field staff to promote linkages to care and treatment services. Work in collaboration with program staff to equip the VMMC sites with materials needed to perform largescale VMMC services with quality and safety. Support the development and sharing of best practices and lessons learned with key stakeholders and remain up-to-date with developments in the fields of VMMC and HIV in order to disseminate information to the Project team and S/he will participate in writing monthly, quarterly and annual reports and other documents for dissemination of SAFE VMMC activities.
- A degree in medicine, public health, social sciences, or any health-related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in HIV prevention, care, and treatment, especially VMMC.
- Demonstrated experience in training clinical and community-based healthcare workers on health-related matters
- Skill in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery projects; training; performance and quality improvement; monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of Tanzania healthcare system, particularly the public health system.
- Proven track record managing a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering teamwork.
- Excellent skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships
- Expertise in operational research that includes identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft word and Excel
Method of ApplicationAPHFTA is an equal opportunity employer and the positions are open to all qualified candidates. Women are highly encouraged to apply. Eligible candidates should submit their updated detailed CV with list of three referees (one must be the current immediate supervisor) with their current contacts (Max. five pages in Ms. Word), application letter for the position being applied and copies of academic certificates to:1 Chief Executive Officer,
Association of Private Health Facilities in Tanzania (APHFTA),
O1 Lumumba/Makamba Street
P.O. BOX 13234,
DA ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
E-mail: [email protected]
The Expression of Interest must be in English and should be submitted electronically
DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION
The closing date is 17thSeptember 2021 at 18:00 EAT. Late submission, will not be considered for evaluation.