Regional VMMC Technical/Quality Assurance Advisors (5) at APHFTA
- Company: APHFTA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
APHFTA is an Umbrella organization of the Private Health Sector (Self Sustaining) in Tanzania. Over the years, APHFTA has engaged the Private Health Sector and Public Health Facilities in the delivery of public health goods under the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) partnering to improve the quality of care in health sector and to achieve the objectives of Health Sector Strategic Plans, the National Strategy for Poverty Reduction and Economic Growth (MKUKUTA) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
APHFTA is looking for qualified, experienced, and interested individuals to apply for the following positions at APHFTA headquarters and regional offices under the SAFE VMMC (Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision) Project.:
Position Title : Regional VMMC Technical/Quality Assurance Advisors
Reports to: Regional Coordinator
Location: APHFTA Regional officers (Morogoro, Iringa, and Tabora)
The Regional VMMC Technical Advisors will be responsible for quality VMMC clinical services at the VMMC service sites in the respective regions. She/he will lead VMMC Project continuous quality improvement activities in collaboration with other implementing partners. She/he will work closely with regional and council health teams to conduct regular routine clinical assessments and supervision visits to VMMC sites and activities to strengthen clinical systems for the provision of a comprehensive HIV-prevention package including VMMC services. She/he will Support and mentor VMMC field staff to promote linkages to care and treatment services. Work in collaboration with program staff to equip the VMMC sites with materials needed to perform largescale VMMC services with quality and safety. Support the development and sharing of best practices and lessons learned with key stakeholders (N/PDOH, technical partners, and other Jhpiego country teams), and remain up-to-date with developments in the fields of VMMC and HIV in order to disseminate information to the Project team and She/he will participate on the writing of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and other documents for dissemination of SAFE VMMC activities.
- A Degree medicine, public health, social sciences or any health related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in HIV prevention, care and treatment, especially VMMC
- Demonstrated experience in training clinical and community-based healthcare workers on health related matters
- Skilled in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery projects; training; performance and quality improvement; monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of Tanzania healthcare system, particularly the public health system
- Proven track record managing a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering team work
- Excellent skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships
- Expertise in operational research that includes identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft word and Excel
Instructions to interested applicants
- Submit your updated detailed CV (Max. five pages in Ms. Word), with application letter for the position being applied for and copies of academic certificates
- List of three referees (one must be the current immediate supervisor) with their current contacts
Method of Application
The Expression of Interest must be in English and should be submitted electronically and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer, Association of Private Health Facilities in Tanzania (APHFTA), 01Lumumba/Makamba Street P. O. BOX 13234, DA ES SALAAM, TANZANIA E-mail [email protected]
The closing date is 5th June 2020 at 18:00 EAT.. In case of late submission, the application will not be considered for evaluation.