Regional Technical Officer at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
- Company: KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a full-time
Regional Technical Officer
Duty station: Arusha, Tanzania
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) leads the ASCENT (Adherence Support Coalition to End TB) project, a Unitaid-funded 3.5-year project that will implement DAT interventions in five key countries (Ethiopia, the Philippines, South Africa, Tanzania, and Ukraine) in order to enable innovative new patient-centered, optimized TB care pathways for all types of TB (DS-TB, DR-TB, LTBI) and support the growing global momentum towards the use of these technologies. For more information, kindly visit: https://www.digitaladherence.org/
Purpose of the position and organizational position
As a Regional Technical Officer, you will support the implementation of the ASCENT project activities in the two regions Arusha & Manyara . You will provide first line technical support to the health facility in-charges and the first point of contact for regional health management team. You support the project with the planning and facilitating of all trainings and workshops. Regional Technical Officer will be reporting to Project Manager.
As a Regional Technical Officer you will
- Support activities around the technical configuration and implementation of digital adherence technology in the region;
- Support engagement with regional health system officials regarding service delivery, supply chain, ICT departments in the region;
- Act as point of contact for districts, health facilities and fieldworkers, coordinating project support as needed in the region;
- Provide first line technical support to health facility in-charges and fieldworkers (basic troubleshooting, escalation to Technical Coordinator as needed) in the region;
- Plan and facilitate trainings and workshops in the region (including logistics);
- Conduct monthly district/facility visits to monitor and support technology implementation (includes travel to other project sites);
- Prepare reports on data collected via the adherence technology platform for the region;
- Any other duties as assigned by the program manager.
Who are we looking for?
- At least a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification;
- Preferably a graduate of Public Health, Project Management , IT System.
Knowledge and Experience (minimal qualifications):
- Experience in implementing and/or use of digital technology solutions;
- Knowledge on TB;
- (Preferably) Experience working on health-related projects;
- Affinity with digital technologies;
- Experience providing technology support and/or background in IT;
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audience;
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders at local community, district, and regional levels.
Knowledge and Experience (desired qualifications):
- Master’s degree (or some units) in a related field;
- Familiarity with pulmonary Tuberculosis and the related DOTS implementation by the National TB Program (NTP);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently, both face-to-face and online through the use of mobile/online communication and project management platforms;
- Familiarity with using online communication/collaboration platforms such as the following: MS Teams/Slack, Zoom/Google Meets, Asana/Trello, Miro, or Google Suite;
- Ability to cope with an agile work environment and to organize and prioritize activities;
- Service-minded towards partners and stakeholders and with a flexible attitude;
- Prior training in good clinical practice.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A 12 months contract with possible extension depending on performance and available funding;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- Renumeration that is dependent upon education and relevant working experience.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 2nd April, 2021.