Regional TB Consultant at MKUTA/MDH
- Company: MKUTA/MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Regional TB Consultant
Reports to: Program Manager
Supervision: Supervise District Community Leaders Duty station: Ruvuma.
Mwitikio wa Kudhibiti Kifua Kikuu na Ukimwi Tanzania (MKUTA) is a Non-Governmental Organization in Tanzania providing Community-based TB/HIV health education, active case finding, contact tracing and promoting access to essential treatment among the general populations and Key and vulnerable populations.
Position: Regional Consultant (TB and TB/HIV) – One (1) positions.
MKUTA through the support from Management and Development for Health (MDH) seeks to recruit suitable candidate to fill the position of one (1) Regional TB Consultant to oversee implementation of community TB services in Ruvuma region, Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Regional TB Consultant will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Work closely with RTLC/DTLCs by providing substantive and timely input in the implementation of the Regional Tuberculosis and TB/HIV programs, including reporting on progress vis-à-vis planned activities and expected
- Support identified CBOs that are basically implementing TB interventions for capacity building in implementing DR-TB and TB/HIV collaborative
- Help the CSO/CBOs in planning and implementing community interventions
- Conduct supervision and mentorship visits to CBOs as per need arise in order to improve their capacity in delivering community TB
- Support capacity building trainings in implementing DR-TB and TB/HIV collaborative activities.
- Maintain close liaison with national authorities and MDH, ensuring optimum participation and promoting ownership of national authorities in the implementation of the regional
- Review compiled reports before submission to MoH and MDH and incorporate lessons learnt into the decision making
- Coordinate the timely preparation of the quarterly and annual work plans and activity schedules; provide input for the periodic reports to the Global
- Ensure timely collection and provision of requested information for the quarterly progress reports
- Liaise with MDH and prepare accelerated workplans where appropriate;
Required Qualifications: (Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience)
- Minimum Qualification required: : Bachelor Degree in Medicine, Community Development, Education, Sociology, Project Management, M&E , Public Health and other related
- Preferred: : Master’s Degree in Public Health, Project Management, M&E and other social science related
- Experience: 2 – 5 years
- Extensive experience in supervision, monitoring and evaluation of donor funded health related programs
- Experience in preparation and analysis of work plans, reports (programmatic and financial)
- Extensive knowledge of the local health systems from the national to the local
- Demonstrated ability in managing teams to achieve health results
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with counterparts in other agencies and organizations
- Aware of and sensitive to working in multiple socio-economic settings and with multi- cultural/behavioral groups
- Proven leadership skills, as well as skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Ability to represent MKUTA programs in District or Regional level stakeholders meetings.
- Adequate capacity and experience in compiling reports/ report
- Candidates with who have worked in Global Fund Funded grants are encouraged to apply
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email.
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email [email protected] by 15th August 2022.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.