Regional Supply Chain Officer (RSCO) (4) at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
POSITION TITLE: Regional Supply Chain Officer (RSCO) (4 Posts)
LOCATION: Kagera, Dar es Salaam, Geita and Tabora
REPORTS TO: Regional Project Manager (RPM)
Position Summary: The Regional Supply Chain Officer is a self-motivated individual who will be responsible for providing oversight to supply chain management systems of HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs at the regional/district and MDH supported facilities. Her/his main objective is to guarantee at program and field levels the technical performance of the MDH supported facilities to ensure an uninterrupted availability of all programmatic commodities specifically HIV RTK’s, ARV medicines, Isoniazid 300 and 100mg for TPT at all districts/sites. She/he will work in close collaboration with the relevant regional, district and facility level health management teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that MDH supported sites meet national standards of Health commodities Logistics Systems by:
– Providing technical support to regional/districts teams to ensure MDH supported sites/districts meet national standards.
– Conducting training needs assessment for sites/districts/regional.
-Ensuring that relevant staff at MDH supported sites/districts are trained on health commodities logistics systems to ensure efficient supply chain management.
-Collaborating with national, regional and district levels to conduct logistics mentorship program.
2. Ensure uninterrupted availability of all programmatic commodities at all MDH supported sites by:
– Performing annual forecasting and budgeting of HIV commodities needs for each single site/district during planning.
– Providing technical assistance to regional/district/sites in quantification and ordering of HIV commodities and related supplies from MSD.
– Assisting each site/district/region to practice good inventory management by ensuring adequate stock levels of Max/Min of 4/2 of all HIV commodities and assist in redistribution when fall above or below the standardized stock level.
– Ensuring that technical procedures for inventory management, storage and distribution are respected at all sites according to the standard operating procedures.
– Keeping track of goods (gap filling commodities) flow between MDH stores and MDH supported district/sites.
– Continuously updating and educating site staff on developments and issues related to new medicine formulations, national and zonal medicines stocks status updates.
– Making sure that all storage facilities /dispensing area at the various sites have the necessary infrastructure and are able to function efficiently.
– Assisting R/CHMTs to conduct logistics data quality assessments (LDQA’s) to ensure quality of logistics data captured on LMIS tools for decision making including quantification.
3. Play key role in the development of proposals, budgets, work plans and reports related to MDH activities concerning pharmaceuticals logistics and supply chain management.
4. Facilitate preparation of monthly/quarterly/semiannually/annually narrative reports to be submitted to key stakeholders.
5. Prepare monthly stock status report of HIV commodities and related supplies from all MDH supported sites/districts and submit to respective key stakeholders.
6. Provide regular information to MSD/regional teams and respective line manager on any challenges associated with HIV commodities availability at the supported sites/districts/region.
7. Liaise with the Pharmaceutical and Supply chain advisor and municipal counterparts on quarterly basis to address any concerns or problems that they are faced with regarding supply chain issues of HIV/AIDS/Malaria commodities and related supplies.
8. Demonstrate best practices in health commodities logistics system and actively perform supportive supervisions to MDH supported sites/districts and use these supervisions to strengthen their capacity on issues related to supply chain management.
9. Perform any other work related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy or equivalent field from a recognized institution.
2. Registered/enrolled by the Pharmacy Council of Tanzania.
3. A minimum of Three (3) years working experience in a Pharmaceutical and Supply chain environment, preferably in a similar position.
4. Work experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program will be an advantage.
5. Ability to identify and work with R/CHMTs and collaborators in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
6. Highest level of integrity.
7. Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
8. Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
9. Must be computer literate – conversant with, Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.